[Rushtalk] Say, *WHAT*?!?

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 5 21:53:22 MST 2013

Teacher's union head suggests Jewish parent a neo-Nazi

<http://www.examiner.com/article/teacher-s-union-head-suggests-jewish-parent-a-neo-nazi#disqus_thread>Comment
Share

See also

    * <http://www.examiner.com/topic/government-topics>Government Topics
    * <http://www.examiner.com/topic/education>Education
    * <http://www.examiner.com/topic/indoctrination>indoctrination
    * <http://www.examiner.com/topic/neonazi>neo-nazi
    * <http://www.examiner.com/topic/tea-party>TEA Party
    * <http://www.examiner.com/topic/father>Father
Teacher's union head suggests Jewish father a neo-Nazi for ques

Play
Teacher's union head suggests Jewish father a
neo-Nazi for questioning assignment. (Joshua Barry)
[]

<http://www.examiner.com/policy-and-issues-in-national/joe-newby>Joe
Newby<http://www.examiner.com/policy-and-issues-in-national/joe-newby>Policy
& Issues Examiner
    *
<http://www.examiner.com/user/2415276/11976931/subscribe?destination=node/67147921&render=overlay>Subscribe

    * Follow:

Related Photo:

Teachers union head suggests parent a neo-Nazi for questioning

Getty Images
November 5, 2013

Josh Barry, of Camp Hill, Penn., is hopping mad
after the head of a local teacher’s union
suggested he may be a
“<http://www.examiner.com/topic/neonazi>neo-Nazi”
for questioning a school assignment given to his
eighth-grade daughter, the
<http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/04/teachers-union-head-investigates-whether-parent-is-a-neo-nazi/>Daily
Caller reported Monday, citing a report by
Examiner.com's
<http://www.examiner.com/article/exclusive-teacher-calls-parent-a-neo-nazi-after-he-challenged-indoctrination>Renee
Nal. Barry, however, is Jewish, and according to
a post at the
<http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/11/parent-challenges-indoctrination-school-lesson-teacher-calls-parent-a-neo-nazi/>Gateway
Pundit, is married to a woman who is half-black.

Barry, Nal said, is a "vigilant parent" who was
shocked when he reviewed his daughter's paperwork
and discovered a "highly political assignment
citing a New York Times article that blamed the
Republicans for the government 'shutdown,' along
with a worksheet that accompanied the article."

“Whom do you hold most responsible for the
government shutdown?” the assignment asked. “Do
you feel it is principled or irresponsible for
politicians to threaten a shutdown?”

Barry contacted the teacher and heard back from the principal.

A friend of Barry’s later relayed a voicemail she
received from another teacher named Cydnee Cohen, the Daily Caller said.

“We’re having some problems with a parent in our
school district and on his [Facebook] page you
are one of his friends
 but I would like to
know, some of it seems like he is a neo-Nazi,"
Cohen reportedly said in the voicemail.

“Maybe he is Jewish, I don’t know,” Cohen added.

Cohen, Chuck Ross said, is the president of the
local chapter of the teacher’s union ­ the East
Pembrook
<http://www.examiner.com/topic/education>Education
Association, which is part of the Pennsylvania State Education Association.

After confirming that Barry is Jewish, Cohen sent
text messages to the mutual friend declaring, “he
went to bishop mcdevitt!!” and “he is
<http://www.examiner.com/topic/tea-party>tea
party right wing!” Bishop McDevitt, the Daily
Caller added, is a nearby private Catholic high school.

“How absolutely disgusting,” Barry told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“You have a teacher who’s an officer in the union
who looks at these teachers as hers,” he added.
“Her method is to go after the concerned parent
and discredit and slander them.”

He also characterized the questioning as “big-time union thuggery on display.”

“She’s been taught to associate people who
question authority, who raise their fist in the
air who say I believe in the Constitution, or
don’t indoctrinate my child, as you’re
automatically a Nazi,” he said, adding that he is
"absolutely not" a member of the Tea Party.

Cohen, however, claimed she doubted Barry was a neo-Nazi.

“When asked by a parent in the district if he was
a neo nazi, I said I thought he was Jewish so I
doubted it,” she told the Daily Caller on social media.

She also said the teacher's union is not involved in the incident.

“As an officer for EPEA, I make sure the teachers
rights are protected, but we are not involved,” she added.

Barry told the Daily Caller he simply wants balance in the classroom.

“If you’re going to bring an article from the New
York Times, throw something out there from
somebody else,” he said. “At least give two slants that oppose each other.”

He also told Nal he is perplexed why he would be
called a neo-Nazi, and speculated that the
current political climate may have prompted the knee-jerk reaction.

"Mr. Barry's speculation is not without merit, as
President Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and
many others have made inaccurate and denigrating
comments aimed at the Tea Party," Nal said in something of an understatement.

For some time, liberal Democrats from the
president on down have accused the Tea Party of
being hostage-takers,
<http://www.examiner.com/article/dems-at-mcauliffe-rally-cuccinelli-tea-party-un-american-extremists>un-American
racists and extremists. Rep. Steve Cohen,
D-Tenn., called members of the Tea Party
"<http://www.examiner.com/article/dem-rep-steve-cohen-tea-party-domestic-enemies-we-swore-to-defend-against>domestic
enemies," while some in the media have called for
military action against the small-government,
pro-Constitution group. Others, like liberal talk
show host
<http://www.examiner.com/article/liberal-talker-mike-malloy-angel-of-the-lord-should-behead-tea-party-members>Mike
Malloy, have gone so far as to wish death on everyone in the movement.

The PSEA did not respond to requests for comments, the Daily Caller added.