[Rushtalk] With Purpose.........

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 6 11:34:54 MST 2013

<http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/11/06/kelly-file-govt-had-explicit-deal-private-insurers-cancel-plans>Kelly
File: CA Had 'Explicit Deal' With Private Insurers to Cancel Plans

FOX NEWS INSIDER - In an op-ed for the Wall
Street Journal, a Stage 4 cancer patient shared
her story about losing the health plan that
helped her survive through a seven-year struggle against gallbladder cancer.

Edie Sundby, one of the estimated 900,000
Californians who will see their plans canceled
under new ObamaCare regulations, wrote that she
"is one of the losers" in the Affordable Care Act.

My choice is to get coverage through the
government health exchange and lose access to my
cancer doctors, or pay much more for insurance
outside the exchange (the quotes average 40% to
50% more) for the privilege of starting over with
an unfamiliar insurance company and impaired benefits.

Countless hours searching for non-exchange plans
have uncovered nothing that compares well with my
existing coverage. But the greatest source of
frustration is Covered California, the state's
Affordable Care Act health-insurance exchange
and, by some reports, one of the best such
exchanges in the country. After four weeks of
researching plans on the website, talking
directly to government exchange counselors,
insurance companies and medical providers, my
insurance broker and I are as confused as ever.
Time is running out and we still don't have a clue how to best proceed.

Her impactful story prompted a quick response
from the White House, which directed people to an
article on the left-leaning website Think
Progress, entitled "The Real Reason That The
Cancer Patient Writing In Today’s Wall Street Journal Lost Her Insurance."

In the article, Igor Volsky wrote that "Sundby
shouldn’t blame reform ­ United Healthcare
dropped her coverage because they’ve struggled to
compete in California’s individual health care
market for years and didn’t want to pay for sicker patients like Sundby."

United Healthcare had already expressed concerns
that the initial enrollees into ObamaCare would
overwhelmingly consist of sick people, with not
enough young, healthy people signing up.

On The Kelly File Tuesday night, Trace Gallagher
reported that in California, insurance carriers
had to agree to cancel policies that did not
qualify under ObamaCare regulations in order to
be eligible to participate in the state exchange,
Covered California, and receive the federal subsidies.

"Unbelievable. That is an explicit deal to break
the president's promise [about Americans keeping
their health plans]. It's not even arguably accidental," Kelly responded.