[Rushtalk] This is the answer to Quayle's question

Paf Dvorak notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info
Sat Nov 9 04:29:11 MST 2013

JAQ always asks me to explain why voting is
stupid, and I always answer the same.
But this article says what my tied tongue cannot.
Read it and weep, and don't forget to vote, even
though you know, deep in your hearts, that it'll do no good!

Paf

----------

Abusive Government: The Good Guys Are NOT Coming To Save Us

<http://www.freemansperspective.com/author/freemansperspective/>FREEMANSPERSPECTIVE
· Apr 23rd, 2013
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/good-guys-not-coming-to-save-us/#>148

Abusive Government: The Good Guys Are NOT Coming To Save Us

A lot of Americans know that the US government is
out of control. Anyone who has cared enough to
study the
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/bill-of-rights/>US
Constitution even a little knows this. Still,
very few of these people are taking any
significant action, and largely because of one
error: They are waiting for “the good guys” to show up and fix things.

Some think that certain groups of politicians
will pull it together and fix things, or that one
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/president-was-better-for-the-economy/>magnificent
politician will ride in to fix things. Others
think that certain members of the military will
step in and slap the politicians back into line.
And, I’m sure there are other variations.

There are several problems with this. I’ll start with the small issues:
    * It doesn’t happen. A lot of good people
have latched on to one grand possibility after
another, waiting for a good guy to save the day,
and it just doesn’t happen. Thousands of hours of
reading, writing and waiting are burned with each
new “great light” who comes along with a
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/time-for-change/>promise
to run the system in the “right” way, and give us
liberty and truth. (Or whatever.) Lots of decent
folks grab on to one pleasant dream after
another, only to end up right back where they
started
 but poorer in time, energy and finances.
    * Hope is a scam. It’s a dream of someday,
somehow, getting something for nothing. People
who hope do not act –
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/boiling-frogs/>they
wait for other people to act. Hope is a tool to
neuter a natural opposition: they sit and hope,
and never act against you. Even the biblical
meaning of hope is something more like
expectation (or sometimes waiting) than the modern use of hope.
    * Petitioning an abuser for compassion. The
“good guys” are considered to be a few people
inside the
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/government-against-the-people/>abusive
government. But if the good guys were really
good, wouldn’t they have dissociated themselves
with an abuser some time ago? By pleading for the
good guys to rise up, people are asking one
sub-group of the abusers to save them from the
rest of the abusers. However, they all work for
the same operation; they all get paid out of the
same offices; according to the same rulebook. And
if the good guys are so willing to turn against
their employers, why would they have waited until now?
    * Movies. We all grew up in the company of
movie heroes who rode in at the last minute to
save the noble victims. From John Wayne to Star
Trek to Bruce Willis, the story line differs
little. These are pleasant stories, of course,
but cinema is not reality, and hoping for it to
become reality is something that we should get over prior to adulthood.

But, as I say, those are the smaller issues. Let’s move on to the serious ones.

The Magic System

A lot of Americans believe that the American
“Founders” created a system that automatically
fixes itself. They talk about the “balance of
powers,” and think that it will always save them
from a tyrant. The balanced powers of the US
Constitution, however, were trashed within
fifteen years and doubly-trashed just a century ago.

In the Constitution, the states balanced the
power of the national government (the one now in
Washington, DC.) Not only did the states control
half of the legislature, but they decided if and
how they would implement the edicts of the
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/we-do-not-have-a-federal-government/>national
government. And that included deciding whether a law was constitutional or not.

This changed in 1803 with the Marbury v. Madison
ruling. This ruling – taught as a work of genius
in
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/hidden-history/>American
schools – was a fraud against the US
Constitution. In it, the Supreme Court held that
they understood the Constitution better than
James Madison, the man who wrote it!

But worse than even this, they held – with
absolutely no basis – that it was they who would
decide what was constitutional or not. The states
were tossed aside. Even the sitting President of
the United States,
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/thomas-jefferson-failed/>Thomas
Jefferson, called it “a very dangerous doctrine
indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.”

Marbury’s Judicial review (the Supremes ruling on
constitutionality) merely involves one branch of
the national government providing a check on the
other branches of the national government. After
Marbury, no one could check the national government.

Washington DC was unleashed with Marbury v.
Madison. What made it almighty was the 17th
Amendment of 1913, which took the powers of the
states and transferred them to Washington, by
mandating the popular election of senators.

With senators being elected directly by the
populace, the states were cut-out of the
equation. In their place, political parties
gained massive power, and nearly all power was
consolidated in the city of Washington.

And so it is today. Washington is an unfettered
beast. The system will NOT fix itself; the
mechanisms to do that were lost a long time ago.

The Easy Way Out

Standing up against a beast like Washington DC is
scary, to be sure. Understandably, not many
people want to do such a thing. But if the beast
is
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/results-continuous-systematic-abuse/>abusing
you, what other choice do you have? You can
certainly avoid or evade the beast, but we all
know that the beast hurts people it catches
avoiding it, so the risk of doing this isn’t zero either.

So,
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/productive-class/>what’s
a person to do? They hate their abuse, but
outright disobedience would be scary.
Unfortunately, many people have come up with a
third option: Get someone else to do it for you.

Lots of writers have done this, for example:
Write flamboyantly about the abuses people face
and stir them to “rise up against the power.”
Fairly seldom does the writer take big risks
himself – he just stirs up others to do the scary stuff.

Something very similar happens to basically moral
people who don’t want to risk pain and suffering:
they imagine good guys riding in to save them.

But, as I say, these are genuinely decent people,
and they are willing to take smaller risks to
help the good guys: They will spend time and
money promoting them, and they will even accept
name-calling in many cases. They just don’t want
to become full-blown rebels and outcasts.

The result of this is predictable: abuse by the
political class. If the politicians show them a
viable possibility every election cycle, they’ll
keep voting their way forever
 and the hero never really has to show up.

The Sad Truth

Let’s just say it:

No one is going to ride in and save you.

If you want things to get better, then YOU will
have to make them better. YOU will have to stand
up and take the arrows, yourself. Liberty, at
this stage of human development, requires risk and pain.

I trust that you will remember the end of Jesus’
famous Sermon on the Mount: That it is not those
who call upon his name who will be saved, but
only those who DO the things he said.

Likewise in this situation, our only hope of salvation lies in DOING.

Paul Rosenberg
Abusive Government: The Good Guys Are NOT Coming To Save Us
<http://www.freemansperspective.com/>FreemansPerspective.com