[Rushtalk] This is the answer to Quayle's question

Paf Dvorak notmyname at thatswaytoomuch.info
Sat Nov 9 11:52:08 MST 2013

At 07:42 AM 11/9/2013 -0800, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>Paf,
>
>The article closes with “our salvation lies with
>doing”.  What are you doing, other than nothing?
>
>You cite an article that calls us out to “do”,
>yet you continuously tell us that anything we do
>is useless, and that it’s better to just do nothing.
>
>I am so confused.

You think you're confused! The author talks about
authors that tell others to do something and not
just write about it and rile folks up, yet he
does nothing, just writes about it and riles folks up!

I think the way the author concludes his piece
was disingenuous on his part. He wanted to
conclude it with a neat little ribbon tied around
The Answer, but there is none that I can imagine.
The sad/happy truth is, except the afterlife,
we're basically doomed in this one.

 but poorer in time, energy and finances.
> [...]
>they understood the Constitution better than
>James Madison, the man who wrote it!
>
>But worse than even this, they held – with
>absolutely no basis – that it was they who would
>decide what was constitutional or not. The
>states were tossed aside. Even the sitting
>President of the United States,
><http://www.freemansperspective.com/thomas-jefferson-failed/>Thomas
>Jefferson, called it “a very dangerous doctrine
>indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.”
>
>Marbury’s Judicial review (the Supremes ruling
>on constitutionality) merely involves one branch
>of the national government providing a check on
>the other branches of the national government.
>After Marbury, no one could check the national government.
>
>Washington DC was unleashed with Marbury v.
>Madison. What made it almighty was the 17th
>Amendment of 1913, which took the powers of the
>states and transferred them to Washington, by
>mandating the popular election of senators.
>
>With senators being elected directly by the
>populace, the states were cut-out of the
>equation. In their place, political parties
>gained massive power, and nearly all power was
>consolidated in the city of Washington.
>
>And so it is today. Washington is an unfettered
>beast. The system will NOT fix itself; the
>mechanisms to do that were lost a long time ago.
>

>The Easy Way Out
>

>Standing up against a beast like Washington DC
>is scary, to be sure. Understandably, not many
>people want to do such a thing. But if the beast
>is
><http://www.freemansperspective.com/results-continuous-systematic-abuse/>abusing
>you, what other choice do you have? You can
>certainly avoid or evade the beast, but we all
>know that the beast hurts people it catches
>avoiding it, so the risk of doing this isn’t zero either.
>
>So,
><http://www.freemansperspective.com/productive-class/>what’s
>a person to do? They hate their abuse, but
>outright disobedience would be scary.
>Unfortunately, many people have come up with a
>third option: Get someone else to do it for you.
>
>Lots of writers have done this, for example:
>Write flamboyantly about the abuses people face
>and stir them to “rise up against the power.”
>Fairly seldom does the writer take big risks
>himself – he just stirs up others to do the scary stuff.
>
>Something very similar happens to basically
>moral people who don’t want to risk pain and
>suffering: they imagine good guys riding in to save them.
>
>But, as I say, these are genuinely decent
>people, and they are willing to take smaller
>risks to help the good guys: They will spend
>time and money promoting them, and they will
>even accept name-calling in many cases. They
>just don’t want to become full-blown rebels and outcasts.
>
>The result of this is predictable: abuse by the
>political class. If the politicians show them a
>viable possibility every election cycle, they’ll
 and the hero never really has to show up.

>The Sad Truth
>

>Let’s just say it:
>
>No one is going to ride in and save you.
>
>If you want things to get better, then YOU will
>have to make them better. YOU will have to stand
>up and take the arrows, yourself. Liberty, at
>this stage of human development, requires risk and pain.
>
>I trust that you will remember the end of Jesus’
>famous Sermon on the Mount: That it is not those
>who call upon his name who will be saved, but
>only those who DO the things he said.
>
>Likewise in this situation, our only hope of salvation lies in DOING.
>
>Paul Rosenberg
>Abusive Government: The Good Guys Are NOT Coming To Save Us
><http://www.freemansperspective.com/>FreemansPerspective.com

Paf Dvorak