[Rushtalk] 'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at keepandbeararms.com
Tue Nov 12 11:41:34 MST 2013

Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 21:48:17 -0400

Tractor-trailer drivers will intentionally clog the inner loop of the
Washington, D.C., beltway beginning on the morning of Oct. 11, according
to a coordinator of the upcoming "Truckers Ride for the Constitution"
rally.

Organizers of the three-day ride want to call attention to a litany of
trucker frustrations and express their disapproval of national political
leaders.

[EARLIER: Truckers Say Their D.C. Shutdown Is Full-Speed Ahead]

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the
protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway
"three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to
seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the
Constitution.

The truckers circling I-495 will keep the left lane open for emergency
vehicles, Conlon said, but "everybody that doesn't have a supporter
sticker on their window, good luck: Nobody in, nobody out." The trucks
will be going the 55 mile-per-hour speed limit.

D.C. commuters who wish to be allowed past the convoy must have "T2SDA"
– an acronym for the event's original name, "Truckers to Shut Down
America" – written on their vehicle, he said.

[GALLERY: Country Crippled by Government Shutdown]

"It's going to be real fun for anyone who is not a supporter," Conlon
said, "[and] if cops decide to give us a hard time, we're going to lock
the brakes up, we're going to stop right there, we're going to be a
three lane roadblock."

Zeeda Andrews, a former country music singer helping promote the
protest, said last week participants would present demands to
congressmen – including the impeachment of President Barack Obama – and
give the congressmen an opportunity to agree to the demands in exchange
for canceling the ride.

But Conlon says that's not quite right.

"We are not going to ask for impeachment," Conlon said. "We are coming
whether they like it or not. We're not asking for impeachment, we're
asking for the arrest of everyone in government who has violated their
oath of office."

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/07/truckers-for-the-constitution-plan-to-slow-dc-beltway-arrest-congressmen