[Rushtalk] No Discretion?!?

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 26 23:37:44 MST 2013

Christian American Patriots Militia leader: We
now have authority to shoot Obama

[]

By Travis Gettys
Monday, November 25, 2013 13:43 EST
Obama via AFP

Topics:
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.rawstory.com/rs/tag/christian-american-patriots-militia/>Christian
American Patriots Militia
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.rawstory.com/rs/tag/facebook/>facebook

    *
    []
    Print Friendly and PDF
    <http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.printfriendly.com>
    Print Friendly and PDF
    <http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.printfriendly.com>
    Email this page
    Email this page
    <http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/#>
    []
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.repost.us/article-preview/hash/7ffd762d69aeb37537cc3b7624582982/>[]

An apparent threat made against President Barack
Obama’s life posted on Facebook has
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/11/22/man-who-claims-ties-to-christian-american-patriot-militia-threatens-obama-in-facebook-post/>caught
the attention of the Secret Service.

Agents declined to comment on the post, which has
been removed but was preserved in screen captures
by
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://socialnewsdaily.com/19875/christian-american-patriots-militia-openly-calls-for-obamas-assassination-on-facebook/>Social
News Daily, made Tuesday by Everest Wilhelmen,
leader of the Christian American Patriots Militia.

“We now have authority to shoot Obama, i.e., to
kill him,”
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://images.socialnewsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/facebook-assassination-threat-large.jpg>Wilhelmsen
posted on his
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/https://www.facebook.com/everest.wilhelmsen?fref=ts>Facebook
page. “His willful violations and alienation of
our Constitution, constant disregard for our
peaceful protests and corruption of all the three
branches of government, (i.e., rogue and
illegitimate government), reveal the dictator
that he is. Obama and his co-conspirators
disrespect our Constitution (constitutional rule
of law) and abuse the American people.”

The post was made the same day as a gathering of
right-wing cranks, conspiracy theorists and gun
advocates met at a park across from the White
House demanding that Obama voluntarily leave office.

Wilhelmsen does not refer specifically to the
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/crowd-declares-2nd-revolution-outside-white-house/>Reclaim
America Now rally, but he does circle the date as
he attempts to constitutionally justify his
apparent call for the president’s murder.

“The authority to kill Obama comes from the 2nd
Amendment of our Constitution: He is levying war
on the United States and aiding and comforting
our foreign enemies – the 2nd Amendment gives us
the right and duty (authority) to engage an enemy
of the United States that does so with the design
to reduce us under absolute Despotism. I would be
very surprised, if Obama does not leave
Washington DC today (Nov. 19th)
 never to
return, if he is not dead within the month,” Wilhelmsen posted.

Wilhelmsen is listed as the group administrator
of the
C<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/https://www.facebook.com/groups/417199228403274/>hristian
American Patriots Militia’s Facebook page, which
claims more than 1,400 members who operate as a
“closed group” and cites a hodgepodge of
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/#>Bible
verses to justify armed rebellion against the U.S. government.

“God judges time morally and He will use whatever
He sees fit to accomplish His ends,” the group
says in its social media description. “So be
prepared to wage war. And this is in fact why
Obama has labelled Christians and other patriots
as ‘terrorists,’ a lie to his army. Obama knows
God may lead us to wage violent war in the defense of our Constitution.”

Wilhelmsen posts a variety of anti-Obama and
anti-Muslim messages on his own Facebook page and
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/https://twitter.com/ofthehighest>Twitter
account, including multiple links to a
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://commonsensetome.com/2013/09/12/the-duty-of-our-oath/>blog
post that attempts to argue that military
personnel are duty-bound by their oath to remove
Obama from office as a criminal.

His social media accounts frequently compare to
Obama to Hitler and warn against impending
genocide, particularly against Christians and conservatives.

Two other apparent threats against Obama’s life
drew the Secret Service’s attention in recent weeks.

<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/#>University
of Connecticut student, 32-year-old
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.wtnh.com/news/crime/man-allegedly-threatened-to-kill-president-obama>Joshua
Klimas, underwent psychiatric evaluation after
agents said he admitted to sending threatening emails to the White House.

“If you do not resign by the end of the year I
will kill you! You are a traitor and it is my
duty under the United States Constitution to end
your life for crimes against the American
people,” one
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/#>email
read. “There will not be any more warnings only
bullets flying in your direction from drones I
built for the sole purpose of removing you from
the office you stole from this country.”

An 81-year-old Wisconsin man,
<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/birther-arrested-for-obama-death-threats-687543>Elwyn
Nels Fossedal, was ordered held last week by a
magistrate after prosecutors said he told
neighbors he would shoot and kill the president
if he suddenly appeared in front of him at the post office.

Witnesses reported the incident, and Secret
Service agents said Fossedal repeated the threat
after they met with him to investigate.

If convicted of the threat, Fossedal could face up to five years in prison.

<http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/25/christian-american-patriots-militia-leader-we-now-have-authority-to-shoot-obama/http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks>
[]