[Rushtalk] demolish all mosques

Tom Matiska tom.matiska at att.net
Thu Nov 28 17:46:40 MST 2013

Angola has issued some denials, but sorting that out is an exercise in  "Clinton speak".   Under Angola law a religion must have 100,000 members and exist in 12 of 18 Providences to be recognized by the state and be able to build churches and schools.

The 90k Muslims in Angola account for about  1/2% of the population and are almost all immigrants.   Technically Islam isn't banned  because it doesn't officially exist and none of it's Mosque or schools have proper certification, so they are just illegal buildings. This crackdown will certainly keep them from growing large enough to become an official religion.   Tom