[Rushtalk] Liberalism Is Immoral Political Philosphy

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 30 01:37:30 MST 2013

Seven Huge Flaws in the Way Liberals Think
[]

Written By : John Hawkins
February 2, 2010

1) Liberals believe they can change human nature. Sure, human beings
can be shaped and molded to a certain extent. Any parent who has
spanked a child can tell you that. However, most people care more
about what they're having for lunch today than an earthquake that
kills ten thousand people on the other side of the world. We're just
built that way and no amount of sensitivity training, preschool
classes, or Michael Moore documentaries is going to "fix" it.

2) Liberals believe we can talk everything out with our enemies. One
of the weirder quirks of liberalism is their belief that many of our
bitterest enemies have rational reasons for disliking us and that can
easily be talked away if they realize we're good people. Hence, the
common liberal refrain of, "Why do they hate us?" The reason this is
a particularly odd belief is that liberals don't even believe this
about conservatives in the United States. The average liberal thinks
that if we're nice enough, we can reach an understanding with Hugo
Chavez or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, but Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck can't
be reasoned with.

3) Liberals don't have enough respect for our culture and traditions:
To liberals, our cultural, economic, and political norms were formed
by backwards troglodytes making arbitrary decisions based on
superstition and racism. Unfortunately for them, as a general rule,
that's not so and proceeding as if it is, will often lead to exactly
the same difficulties that our ancestors already dealt with in times
past. No matter how smart we are, as Thomas Sowell would say, our
wisdom is often no match for the
"<http://www.rightwingnews.com/john-hawkins/seven-huge-flaws-in-the-way-liberals-think/http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/anointed.php>distilled
experience of millions who faced similar human vicissitudes before."
Truly wise people are aware that there is a great deal that they do not know.

4) Liberalism is a fundamentally immoral political philosophy.
Ironically, given all their talk about "shades of gray," liberals
have a very Manichean view of the world. They consider their fellow
travelers to be on the side of the angels, while the people who
disagree with them are treated as evil. This leads to an "anything
goes" mentality when dealing with their foes: ignoring the law via a
"living constitution," politically based prosecutions, shouting down
opposing speakers, and treating lying about their agenda or opponents
to be moral. On the other hand, liberals will support other libs, no
matter how corrupt, sleazy, or vile they are as long as they're
politically useful to the left. See Ted Kennedy, Barney Frank, John
Murtha, and Robert Byrd for examples of that. In other words, as
<http://www.rightwingnews.com/john-hawkins/seven-huge-flaws-in-the-way-liberals-think/http://www.rightwingnews.com/mt331/2007/06/100_of_my_favorite_quotes.php>Margaret
Thatcher has said of the Left, "For them, the end always seems to
justify the means."

5) Liberals believe merely being liberal makes them good people.
Liberals who're obsessed with money think they're compassionate
because they give away other people's tax dollars. They believe they
care more about the earth than other people, even as they fly around
in private jets, because they babble on about global warming. They
can be dumb as a rock, but believe they're smarter than most other
people because they're liberals. In other words, in the minds of most
liberals, liberalism is an all-purpose substitute for actual virtue
instead of just another political philosophy.

6) Liberals have too much faith in government. Even most liberals
would admit that government regularly fails the people. If you don't
believe that, just ask them about the Bush Administration and they'll
give you an earful. However, liberals tend to believe that with the
right person in charge, government won't be so slow, stupid,
inefficient, and badly run. Human history proves that they're wrong
about that.

7) Liberals have minimal interest in whether the programs they
support work or not. To most liberals, whether a government program
betters people's lives is completely irrelevant to whether they'll
support it. A program that doesn't work and costs billions, but
sounds compassionate and helps Democrats politically is a huge
success in the eyes of the Left. Once you understand that liberals
think this way, their baffling support for programs that make no
"common sense" is much easier to understand.