[Rushtalk] Liberalism Is Immoral Political Philosphy

William White wbbanjo at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 30 07:35:47 MST 2013

Interesting and informative.  Rings true.

Bill

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 3:42 AM, John A. Quayle <blueoval57 at verizon.net> wrote:

Seven Huge Flaws in the Way Liberals Think

Written By : John Hawkins
February 2, 2010

1) Liberals believe they can change human nature. Sure, human
beings can be shaped and molded to a certain extent. Any parent who has
spanked a child can tell you that. However, most people care more about
what they’re having for lunch today than an earthquake that kills ten
thousand people on the other side of the world. We’re just built that way
and no amount of sensitivity training, preschool classes, or Michael
Moore documentaries is going to “fix” it.

2) Liberals believe we can talk everything out with our enemies. One of the weirder quirks of liberalism is their belief that many of our
bitterest enemies have rational reasons for disliking us and that can
easily be talked away if they realize we’re good people. Hence, the
common liberal refrain of, “Why do they hate us?” The reason this is a
particularly odd belief is that liberals don’t even believe this about
conservatives in the United States. The average liberal thinks that if
we’re nice enough, we can reach an understanding with Hugo Chavez or
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, but Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck can’t be reasoned
with.

3) Liberals don’t have enough respect for our culture and
traditions: To liberals, our cultural, economic, and political norms
were formed by backwards troglodytes making arbitrary decisions based on
superstition and racism. Unfortunately for them, as a general rule,
that’s not so and proceeding as if it is, will often lead to exactly the
same difficulties that our ancestors already dealt with in times past. No
matter how smart we are, as Thomas Sowell would say, our wisdom is often
no match for the
“distilled experience of millions who faced similar human vicissitudes
before.” Truly wise people are aware that there is a great deal
that they do not know.

4) Liberalism is a fundamentally immoral political philosophy. Ironically, given all their talk about “shades of gray,” liberals have a
very Manichean view of the world. They consider their fellow travelers to
be on the side of the angels, while the people who disagree with them are
treated as evil. This leads to an “anything goes” mentality when dealing
with their foes: ignoring the law via a “living constitution,”
politically based prosecutions, shouting down opposing speakers, and
treating lying about their agenda or opponents to be moral. On the other
hand, liberals will support other libs, no matter how corrupt, sleazy, or
vile they are as long as they’re politically useful to the left. See Ted
Kennedy, Barney Frank, John Murtha, and Robert Byrd for examples of that.
In other words, as Margaret Thatcher has said of the Left, “For them, the end
always seems to justify the means.”

5) Liberals believe merely being liberal makes them good people. Liberals who’re obsessed with money think they’re compassionate because
they give away other people’s tax dollars. They believe they care more
about the earth than other people, even as they fly around in private
jets, because they babble on about global warming. They can be dumb as a
rock, but believe they’re smarter than most other people because they’re
liberals. In other words, in the minds of most liberals, liberalism is an
all-purpose substitute for actual virtue instead of just another
political philosophy.

6) Liberals have too much faith in government. Even most liberals
would admit that government regularly fails the people. If you don’t
believe that, just ask them about the Bush Administration and they’ll
give you an earful. However, liberals tend to believe that with the right
person in charge, government won’t be so slow, stupid, inefficient, and
badly run. Human history proves that they’re wrong about that.

7) Liberals have minimal interest in whether the programs they support
work or not. To most liberals, whether a government program betters
people’s lives is completely irrelevant to whether they’ll support it. A
program that doesn’t work and costs billions, but sounds compassionate
and helps Democrats politically is a huge success in the eyes of the
Left. Once you understand that liberals think this way, their baffling
support for programs that make no “common sense” is much easier to
understand.