[Rushtalk] Liberalism Is Immoral Political Philosphy

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 30 17:34:17 MST 2013

At 09:35 AM 11/30/2013, William White wrote:
>Interesting and informative.  Rings true.

         Absolutely.........please ready my comments below............

>  Bill
>

>On Saturday, November 30, 2013 3:42 AM, John A.
>Quayle <blueoval57 at verizon.net> wrote:
>Seven Huge Flaws in the Way Liberals Think
>[]
>
>Written By : John Hawkins
>February 2, 2010
>
>1) Liberals believe they can change human
>nature. Sure, human beings can be shaped and
>molded to a certain extent. Any parent who has
>spanked a child can tell you that. However, most
>people care more about what they're having for
>lunch today than an earthquake that kills ten
>thousand people on the other side of the world.
>We're just built that way and no amount of
>sensitivity training, preschool classes, or
>Michael Moore documentaries is going to "fix" it.

         Application of liberal guilt.................

>2) Liberals believe we can talk everything out
>with our enemies. One of the weirder quirks of
>liberalism is their belief that many of our
>bitterest enemies have rational reasons for
>disliking us and that can easily be talked away
>if they realize we're good people. Hence, the
>common liberal refrain of, "Why do they hate
>us?" The reason this is a particularly odd
>belief is that liberals don't even believe this
>about conservatives in the United States. The
>average liberal thinks that if we're nice
>enough, we can reach an understanding with Hugo
>Chavez or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, but Rush Limbaugh
>and Glenn Beck can't be reasoned with.

         This is what I find most curious of all
the years I've studied leftist
philosophy........what can't they at least make
the attempt to "make nice" with their domestic
adversaries? I cannot understand (or begin to)
the total lack of concern for making peace with
their philosophical opposites - despite the fact
that said people are their fellow Americans!

>3) Liberals don't have enough respect for our
>culture and traditions: To liberals, our
>cultural, economic, and political norms were
>formed by backwards troglodytes making arbitrary
>decisions based on superstition and racism.
>Unfortunately for them, as a general rule,
>that's not so and proceeding as if it is, will
>often lead to exactly the same difficulties that
>our ancestors already dealt with in times past.
>No matter how smart we are, as Thomas Sowell
>would say, our wisdom is often no match for the
>"<http://www.rightwingnews.com/john-hawkins/seven-huge-flaws-in-the-way-liberals-think/http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/anointed.php>distilled
>experience of millions who faced similar human
>vicissitudes before." Truly wise people are
>aware that there is a great deal that they do not know.

         Another SERIOUS conundrum exists
here.........the progressive lot will bow before
Muslims who condemn pet groups of liberals (gays,
for example), yet castigate roundly, the same
attitude coming from Conservatives............it makes no sense, whatsoever!

>4) Liberalism is a fundamentally immoral
>political philosophy. Ironically, given all
>their talk about "shades of gray," liberals have
>a very Manichean view of the world. They
>consider their fellow travelers to be on the
>side of the angels, while the people who
>disagree with them are treated as evil. This
>leads to an "anything goes" mentality when
>dealing with their foes: ignoring the law via a
>"living constitution," politically based
>prosecutions, shouting down opposing speakers,
>and treating lying about their agenda or
>opponents to be moral. On the other hand,
>liberals will support other libs, no matter how
>corrupt, sleazy, or vile they are as long as
>they're politically useful to the left. See Ted
>Kennedy, Barney Frank, John Murtha, and Robert
>Byrd for examples of that. In other words, as
><http://www.rightwingnews.com/john-hawkins/seven-huge-flaws-in-the-way-liberals-think/http://www.rightwingnews.com/mt331/2007/06/100_of_my_favorite_quotes.php>Margaret
>Thatcher has said of the Left, "For them, the
>end always seems to justify the means."

         so true and yet, were the conservatives
and/or libertarians to engage in the behavior,
the "progressives" would scream and cry until
every news agency in the country made the story
the lead in every newscast. Talk about banging your head against a wall!

>5) Liberals believe merely being liberal makes
>them good people. Liberals who're obsessed with
>money think they're compassionate because they
>give away other people's tax dollars. They
>believe they care more about the earth than
>other people, even as they fly around in private
>jets, because they babble on about global
>warming. They can be dumb as a rock, but believe
>they're smarter than most other people because
>they're liberals. In other words, in the minds
>of most liberals, liberalism is an all-purpose
>substitute for actual virtue instead of just another political philosophy.

         This is the "elitist attitude" that
makes me wanna puke..................

>6) Liberals have too much faith in government.
>Even most liberals would admit that government
>regularly fails the people. If you don't believe
>that, just ask them about the Bush
>Administration and they'll give you an earful.
>However, liberals tend to believe that with the
>right person in charge, government won't be so
>slow, stupid, inefficient, and badly run. Human
>history proves that they're wrong about that.

         Human history proves they are wrong
about most (if not all) issues.......this is
another head-scratcher. Corporations and
government agencies/entities are all staffed by
the same element - HUMAN BEINGS, but one of these
bodies is worthy of praise no matter what. While
the other is "wicked, evil and must be
punished"................again, makes no sense, whatsoever!

>7) Liberals have minimal interest in whether the
>programs they support work or not. To most
>liberals, whether a government program betters
>people's lives is completely irrelevant to
>whether they'll support it. A program that
>doesn't work and costs billions, but sounds
>compassionate and helps Democrats politically is
>a huge success in the eyes of the Left. Once you
>understand that liberals think this way, their
>baffling support for programs that make no
>"common sense" is much easier to understand.

         "Intent über alles!" As long as
something is done with the "proper intent"
results don't matter (and neither does anything
else, for that matter)..............this is the
sort of thing that deeply angers most
conservatives and libertarians. Personally I'm THOROUGHLY fed up with it!

- jaq