[Rushtalk] Fw: Maxine solves the nation's problems.

William White wbbanjo at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 22:04:35 MDT 2014

We like to think we can do something.  Instapundit posted this today (It reminds me that Dennis occasionally refers to Sir Tyler):
ROGER KIMBALL: From Apathy to Dependence “I am writing from beautiful, dynamic Sydney, Australia, whose 4.5 million polyglot inhabitants are enjoying the no-nonsense good government of Prime Minister Tony Abbott, who recently signaled his refreshing sanity by abolishing the country’s stupid “carbon tax,” aka, its tax on prosperity. There’s no hope that Barack Obama will ever proceed from his Romper Room of moralistic environmentalism to that state of enlightenment, but then we will not have Obama with us that much longer. May we hope that, at last, the American people are waking up to the economic nightmare that decades of fiscal incontinence have prepared for the country.  Again, I offer free and for nothing the idea of a grass roots organization whose high purpose is summed up in its title ThrowTheBumsOut.Org.”

From Apathy to Dependence
I am writing from beautiful, dynamic Sydney, Australia, whose 4.5 million polyglot inhabitants are enjoying the no-nonsense good government of Prime Minister Tony ...
View on pjmedia.com Preview by Yahoo

Plus:

By coincidence, a friend sent me this observation from a 19th-century Scottish professor of history:
>In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of  Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of  The Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: “A democracy is always temporary in nature; it  simply cannot exist as a permanent form  of government. A democracy will continue to  exist up until the time that voters discover  That they can vote themselves generous gifts  from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always  votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the  result that every democracy will finally  collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is)  always followed by a dictatorship.”
>Tyler went on to suggest that democracies tended to go through the following sequence:
>From bondage to spiritual faith;
>From spiritual faith to great courage;
>From courage to liberty;
>From liberty to abundance;
>From abundance to complacency;
>From complacency to apathy;
>From apathy to dependence;
>From dependence back into bondage.
>I don’t agree that this process is necessary or inevitable.  But seeing it laid out like that does make you sit up and take notice.  “From apathy to dependence.” Sound familiar?
That’s pretty much the Democrats’ platform these days.

On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:20 AM, Steven Laib <stevenlaib at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

  Leave it to Maxine to come  up with a solution for the mess that  America/Canada/Australia is now in economically.

> [...]
        in the boards

        patio tile,

        birds
        and try to