[Rushtalk] Liberal Lies about the Constitution

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 00:31:32 MDT 2014

Liberal Lies about the Constitution

By
<http://eaglerising.com/author/paul-dowling/>Paul
Dowling / 19 August 2014 /
<http://eaglerising.com/8048/liberal-lies-constitution/#disqus_thread>147
Comments
Share1.7K Tweet66 19 Reddit3 5
<http://www.printfriendly.com>
Print Friendly and PDF

“Proclaim LIBERTY throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof.”

­Leviticus 25:10

Constitution Club

I have been a public school teacher for 25 years
and have witnessed the conversion of our schools
from education institutions to indoctrination
centers.  Many history teachers, these days,
depict our Founders as “dead, racist white guys”
who are unworthy of respect.  The Constitution is
taught, inaccurately, as a bigoted, sexist, and
anti-gay document.  So I formed a Constitution
Club at my school to dispel the lies and
misrepresentations that the disciples of Howard
Zinn­the foremost left-wing history revisionist­are daily feeding our students.

I had to overcome objections from three campus
groups, in order to get students to come: Blacks,
women, and gays.  Their objections, considering
what they are being fed by Common-Core
enthusiasts, are understandable.  But their
objections are easily overcome by the teaching of
accurate, historical facts about our founding
documents and our Founding Fathers.

African-Americans: On the Three-Fifths, Anti-Slavery Clause

<http://2lv0hm3wvpix464wwy2zh7d116q7.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/SigningConstitution.jpg>
SigningConstitution
Article One, Section Two, of the Constitution
contains a clause known as the 3/5 Clause, or the
Anti-Slavery Clause.  It reads as follows:
“Representatives and direct Taxes shall be
apportioned among the several States which may be
included within this Union, according to their
respective Numbers, which shall be determined by
adding to the whole Number of free Persons,
including those bound to Service for a Term of
Years [Indentured Servants], and excluding
Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons [Slaves].”

The reason this clause exists is to encourage
slave states to free slaves by making their
representation in the House of Representatives
increase upon actually freeing them.  Any
teaching that the Founders thought of Blacks as 3/5 a person is false.

It should also be pointed out that there is no
mention of race in this clause.  The Constitution
is color-blind with respect to race.  In fact,
more than 20% of slaveholders in the South, at
the time of the American Civil War, were
African-American freemen.  And abolitionists,
such as Frederick Douglass, wanted the
Constitution applied to Blacks; nobody was in
favor of abandoning the Constitution.

Women: On Equal Suffrage

Article One, Section Four, Clause One, of the
Constitution reads as follows: “The Times, Places
and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and
Representatives, shall be prescribed in each
State by the Legislature thereof. . . .”  And
Article Four, Section Two, Clause One, reads
thus: “The Citizens of each State shall be
entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of
Citizens in the several States.”  There is
actually nothing in the gender-neutral language
of the Constitution that states that women cannot
vote.  All voting-eligibility rules are left to the states to decide.

By the time the Nineteenth Amendment was
ratified, in August of 1920, twenty-seven states
already allowed women to vote in presidential
elections.  The Nineteenth Amendment sped up the
process of giving this right to all women; but
the point being made here is that the
Constitution itself was indeed written to be
gender-neutral.  This is why women in some states
were able to gain voting rights prior to 1920.

The Nineteenth Amendment reads like this:
“Section 1.  The right of the citizens of the
United States to vote shall not be denied or
abridged by the United States or by any State on
account of sex.  Section 2.  Congress shall have
power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.”

A brief note on gender neutrality in the
Constitution: the pronouns “he” and “him” are
gender-neutral pronouns when they refer to
persons of unknown gender or when the gender of
persons referred to is not meant to be
specified.  There was no other grammatical
convention in use in the day of the
Founders.  The same convention exists today in
modern languages, such as Spanish or
French.  Bilingual students comprehend this convention with ease.

On Washington’s Tolerance of Homosexuality

<http://2lv0hm3wvpix464wwy2zh7d116q7.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/george-washington_prayer.jpg>
george-washington_prayer
Our Founders lived in the era called the
Enlightenment, and the value of tolerance was
held in high esteem.  General George Washington,
during the American Revolutionary War, employed
the services of a Prussian military officer by
the name of Friedrich von Steuben (pronounced
“fohn Shtoyben”).  Washington hired him to train
his soldiers in his superior Prussian methods, to
instill new confidence into the rag-tag
outfit.  He also had him write the first military
training manual for our armed forces.

Baron von Steuben had been discharged from the
Prussian military due to his “affections for
members of his own sex,” despite his reputation
as a military genius.  Fleeing imprisonment, he
ended up in France interviewing, with American
ambassador Benjamin Franklin, for a job in
Washington’s army.  Dr. Franklin decided his
military expertise trumped any consideration of
the homosexual issue and that tolerance was called for.

Washington valued von Steuben as a friend and
associate and never spoke with indiscretion of
von Steuben’s personal affairs, nor did he write
about them in any official or private documents
or letters.  George Washington, the Father of Our
Country­through his tolerance and encouragement
of an outcast military genius­made Friedrich von
Steuben, a gay man, the Father of Our Country’s Armed Forces.

Our Ever-Unfolding Promissory Note

Whatever their shortcomings, our Founders
understood they were not perfect.  They knew,
however, that even an imperfect freedom would
provide America with the opportunity for a great
and unending experiment.  The blueprint for this
experiment in individual liberty, that they wrote
into the US Constitution, would provide its
inheritors with an ever-unfolding promissory note
for the sustenance and enlargement of life,
liberty, and the pursuit of happiness throughout the ages.

The Constitution our Founders bestowed upon us is
written in a neutral style, without specific
references to race or gender.  President Reagan
referred to the republic our Constitution
established as our “shining city on a hill” as
well as the “last best hope for man on
earth.”  Indeed, if we want those words to remain
true, that promissory note must be jealously protected.

Read more at
http://eaglerising.com/8048/liberal-lies-constitution/#YZEyaP0LGTB2BhJP.99