[Rushtalk] In Your Eye, Mexico!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 19:21:54 MDT 2014

Republican Lawmaker Makes Huge Stand Against
Mexican President Over Jailed Marine

August 20, 2014

<http://conservativetribune.com/congressman-obama-abandoned-marine-mexico/>Marine
Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi is still being detained
by Mexican authorities, and unfortunately,
<http://conservativetribune.com/obama-ignoring-marine/>the
Obama administration is refusing to help or even
acknowledge the existence of the situation.

The lack of action has outraged Americans,
<http://conservativetribune.com/obama-ignores-marine/>many
of whom have signed petitions asking for the
federal government to take steps to have
Tahmooressi freed from prison and returned to the United States.

Tahmooressi, along with his mother Jill,
<http://conservativetribune.com/marine-get-me-out-of-jail/>have
made plea after plea to the president, which seem
to have fallen on deaf ears. Many pundits and
government officials have called for a
<http://conservativetribune.com/mexican-boycott-explodes/>boycott
of Mexico, hitting them hard in the wallet, until
they decide to release Tahmooressi or at least speed up due process.
Get our daily email alert by entering your Email:

<http://conservativetribune.com/bikers-plan-march-border/>Click
here to read more about bikers holding rallies in
support of Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi

Further agitating Tahmooressi supporters is the
decision by California Gov. Jerry Brown to attend
a luncheon which will honor the president of
Mexico, to be hosted at the governor’s mansion.

According to
<http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/republican-snubs-mexican-prez-for-holding-u-s-marine/#5yBmtJvCl882Xzm2.99>WND,
this action has deeply angered Republican state
assemblyman Tim Donnelly who was offered an
invitation to the event, but declined, crafting a
scathing response for Brown, slamming him for
participating in such an event without demanding
the release of the Marine being held captive in Mexico.

“I am writing to decline your luncheon
invitation, and to express my deep disappointment
that you would entertain the president of a
nation that is holding an active-duty U.S. Marine captive.”

“How you could visit Mexico and not publicly
demand the release of Marine Sgt. Andrew
Tahmooressi, is beyond me.
 Instead of visiting
our imprisoned Marine, you were feted by his captors.”

Donnelly’s powerful rebuke went on to address
Brown’s eagerness to help illegals live more
comfortably in America, while ignoring his own people.

“You care more about the comfort of those who
have illegally entered our country than you do
for your own countrymen. You have spent endless
billions of taxpayer dollars provided by the
legal citizens of California to make certain that
illegal aliens feel comfortable in our state.”

The Republican lawmaker closes out his written
rejection of Brown’s invitation with a sharp barb
that states his intention to join a protest,
saying that if the governor’s conscience bothers
him, he’s free to join in on the action.

“I know that my absence may distress you, but it
may comfort you to know that I’ll be standing
outside leading a protest, doing the job you
should have done as the highest elected official
in California: demanding the release of one of
our own, our Marine, Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi.”

“You are welcome to join us if your conscience bothers you.”

Boom. Rep. Donnelly is absolutely spot on here.
It’s a shame, a complete disgrace to honor the
Mexican president, the man who has complete
authority to release a wrongfully detained
American citizen
<http://conservativetribune.com/obama-ignores-jailed-marine/>without
even petitioning on the Marine’s behalf.

The truth of the matter is that Obama and his
cronies around the country see no political
benefit from freeing Sgt. Tahmooressi. Perhaps
they are afraid that if they take hard action
against Mexico, the president will prevent his
people from sneaking across the border and
<http://conservativetribune.com/michelle-to-bypass-congress/>providing
Democrats with free voters.

Regardless, Americans need to continue signing
petitions and make noise to help rescue
Tahmooressi from prison. If the movement
continues, sooner or later, the government will have to respond.

Please share this article on Facebook and Twitter
if you agree with Rep. Tim Donnelly and stand in
support of Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi being returned home soon.