[Rushtalk] Dr. Kengor article..Communists Descend on Ferguson

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 25 22:26:01 MDT 2014

August 22, 2014

Communists Descend on Ferguson

By <http://www.americanthinker.com/paul_kengor>Paul Kengor

I’ve stayed out of the Ferguson controversy.
These racial conflagrations are awful, and I
learned long ago that any conservative who wades
in, even with the best intentions, is eviscerated
by the political left. Liberals have decided that
all conservatives in their ideological universe
need to be racists, and they passionately resist
letting anything convince them otherwise.

I don’t know enough to know who, exactly, is to
blame in Ferguson. That said, here is something I
do know, and that I think would benefit readers
as they assess the growing animosities in Missouri:

I’ve long studied the antics of the American
Communist Party, from literally the very
beginning. I’ve sat in archives and stared at
the first documents that American communists
excitedly sent from their offices at 1219 Blue
Island Avenue in Chicago to Soviet Comintern
headquarters in Moscow. I’ve spent hundreds of
hours reading old copies of the Soviet-funded and
Soviet-directed Daily Worker. I’ve read
countless memoirs by communists who joined the
Party, ran it, or even spied for Moscow. I daily
check the websites of Communist Party groups.

All of that is background to this fact --
well-known to anyone who has carefully watched
the Communist Party: Communists have long
vigorously targeted black Americans for their
causes and interests. Adequately laying that out
here is impossible, but in my book on Obama’s
mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, titled
<http://www.amazon.com/The-Communist-Paul-Kengor/dp/1451698097/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ADJ5E962SH0DQPMSNTZ>The
Communist, I show this at length. Let me restate a few relevant examples:

At a 1930 Comintern conference in Moscow, a
resolution was passed calling for the creation of
a Soviet-controlled “Soviet Negro Republic”
among America’s Southern states. That’s
correct -- the Soviet Comintern, working through
American communists, crafted plans to create a
segregated “separate Negro state” in the
South. The Soviet goal was to foment an
African-American uprising within the South,
which, in turn, would join with a workers’
uprising in the North. When the revolution was
deemed ripe, the two forces would seize and
reconstitute America as a Soviet sister state.

Crazy, yes, but true. Comintern funds were
allocated for the purpose, and prominent
African-Americans in the Communist Party went to Moscow for instruction.

That’s one case. Here’s another, which bears
more acutely on the Ferguson situation:

On March 25, 1931, two white women, Victoria
Price and Ruby Bates, were said to have been
raped by nine black teens along the railroad from
Chattanooga to Memphis. The boys had hopped a
train ride that day, as had the two girls, who
were with two white boys. A fight broke out, with
the white boys tossed off the train, leaving the
white girls and black boys together. The white
boys informed the nearest stationmaster that they
had been in a gang fight with the black boys. At
the next stop, a town called Paint Rock, Alabama,
a militia/posse took the law into their hands and
“arrested” the black boys, transporting them
to jail cells in nearby Scottsboro. The charge
was that they had raped the white girls.

As news spread, enraged whites gathered outside
the jail, ready to form a lynch job. Local
authorities promised the seething vigilantes that
justice would be hastily served, guaranteeing
quick trials and verdicts. On cue, five days
later, on March 30, 1931, an all-white jury indicted the nine boys.

The events that followed were disastrous. The
case of the Scottsboro Boys became a serious
miscarriage of justice. And here, American
communists saw a delicious opportunity to swoop
in. They attempted to hijack the case and the cause of the Scottsboro Boys.

It must be understood that communists are superb
at agitating, instigating, and organizing.
Liberals constantly yap that we shouldn’t worry
about their communist friends because communists
represent such a small minority. Nonsense.
Communists have never needed millions to create
the chaos and foment the unrest they thrive upon.
They are skilled propagandists. They conceive and
coordinate tightly, smartly orchestrated
campaigns that work wondrously
in<http://www.amazon.com/Dupes-Americas-Adversaries-Manipulated-Progressives/dp/1935191756/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BEE2QE59JG401ER1RC7>Â
duping liberals. They’re really good at raising
lots of hell without a lot of members.

In the case of Scottsboro, the goal was not only
to attract black Americans to the Communist Party
-- and liberals, “progressives,” and various
“social justice” types -- but, most of all,
to portray the United States as an inherently
racist, unfair, and nefarious nation where cases
like Scottsboro are the norm. Only communism and
the ideals of the far left could spare America
from its malicious, repressive system.

And here’s a nice historical kicker: It was the
Scottsboro case that attracted
<http://www.amazon.com/The-Communist-Paul-Kengor/dp/1451698097/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ADJ5E962SH0DQPMSNTZ>Frank
Marshall Davis, future mentor to Barack Obama, to
the Communist Party. How’s that for a rich political parallel?

That brings me to Ferguson. For the Communist
Party, the goal remains virtually identical. The
priority once again is to place America in the
crosshairs, riling up as many emotions and
collaborators as possible in the process. The
black victim in Ferguson, like the black victims
in Scottsboro, is a pawn to be used for larger goals.

I suspected from the outset that American
communists would do this. I started reading
reports of their involvement in Ferguson several
days ago, but the sources (mainly on the far
right) were not completely credible. That has
changed. As I write, every single lead article
in <http://www.peoplesworld.org/>the rotating
window at
<http://www.peoplesworld.org/>People’s World
(the successor to the Daily Worker) is dedicated
to Ferguson. It’s rare that all are devoted to
the same topic. Beyond the four in the rotating
window, there are more scattered articles (and photos) across the website.

Moreover, the official Communist Party USA
website has Ferguson as its lead, with a piece
tellingly titled,
“<http://www.cpusa.org/let-us-turn-grief-and-anger-into-action-and-change/>Let
us turn grief and anger into action and
change.” This piece has pushed aside the other
leads that have been there for several weeks --
reports from CPUSA’s annual convention.

And finally, video is coming in showing communist
activity at Ferguson. Late Wednesday afternoon,
The Blaze sent out an email with the subhead,
“<http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/08/20/video-prominent-communists-ratchet-up-rhetoric-in-ferguson/>Communists
in Ferguson.” It includes links to video of communist agitators.

In short, American communists have descended upon
Ferguson. It’s nothing short of a literal call to action. No surprise.

Alas, let me be very clear and not misunderstood,
even as liberals will want to misunderstand me:
I’m not saying or even remotely suggesting that
Ferguson is a communist conspiracy. Please. I’m
not saying that outraged African-Americans
protesting there are doing so
as<http://www.amazon.com/Dupes-Americas-Adversaries-Manipulated-Progressives/dp/1935191756/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0MC5P65XEXF96382R3T2>Â
communist dupes. They are motivated by sincere
perceptions of a racial injustice. And if an
injustice has occurred, they should be
protesting, regardless of which motley political
characters show up to join them.

What I am saying is that we can again expect
communists to exploit this issue for their own
agenda. They’ve done so in the past, especially
with cases like Scottsboro, and they’re now
doing so again. And don’t underestimate the
chaos, confusion, and bad feelings that they can advance behind the scenes.

<http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/08/20/video-prominent-communists-ratchet-up-rhetoric-in-ferguson/>Ferguson."

<http://www.amazon.com/Dupes-Americas-Adversaries-Manipulated-Progressives/dp/1935191756/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0MC5P65XEXF96382R3T2>communist
dupes. They are motivated by sincere perceptions
of a racial injustice. And if an injustice has
occurred, they should be protesting, regardless
of which motley political characters show up to join them.

What I am saying is that we can again expect
communists to exploit this issue for their own
agenda. They've done so in the past, especially
with cases like Scottsboro, and they're now doing
so again. And don't underestimate the chaos,
confusion, and bad feelings that they can advance behind the scenes.

Dr. Paul Kengor is professor of political science
at Grove City College. His latest book is
<http://www.amazon.com/Principles-Reagan-Conservative-Paul-Kengor/dp/082530699X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1389391842&sr=1-1&keywords=11+principles+of+a+reagan+conservative>11
Principles of a Reagan Conservative. His other
books
include<http://www.amazon.com/The-Communist-Paul-Kengor/dp/B00C01DYBY/ref=pd_sim_b_1>
<http://www.amazon.com/The-Communist-Paul-Kengor/dp/B00C01DYBY/ref=pd_sim_b_1>The
Communist: Frank Marshall Davis, The Untold Story
of Barack Obama's Mentor and
<http://www.amazon.com/Dupes-Americas-Adversaries-Manipulated-Progressives/dp/1935191756/>Dupes:
How America's Adversaries Have Manipulated Progressives for a Century.