[Rushtalk] Democrats removed God & Jerusalem the political equation.

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Mon Dec 1 13:50:14 MST 2014

November 2, 2014

The Choice Before Us

By Fay Voshell
When they drafted the Democrat platform for 2012, Democratic leaders
decided to remove any references to God as well as to Jerusalem as the
capital of Israel. In other words, they decided to remove God from the
political equation.

The decision by top Democrat leaders was a pronouncement that the rule
of Man would transcend the rule of God when it came to earthly matters.
It made what the Democratic Party stands for completely transparent. It
made it clear what anyone who votes for a Democrat is voting for --
namely, for the supremacy of Man rather than God.

Further, the decision made the great division of thinking which has
characterized the modern Western world crystal clear: what Man thinks of
the world is the only thought that matters. The mind of God is not to be
consulted; nor is the rule of God in the affairs of men to be
acknowledged. Faith in Man is the only legitimate faith; politics is the
means by which faith in Man’s vision is actualized; and the almighty
State is the Church of Man, the institution by which the world is
changed for the betterment of all humanity. At the head of the Church of
State are the high priests of progressivism, an enlightened elite who
know what is best for all, and before whom every knee must bow. The
progressive faith is to reign supreme.

The crisis of faith is the crisis of our age and of the current
election. Whom will we choose to serve? God or Man?

As the Whittaker Chambers put it in his “Letter to My Children,” the
preface to his book, Witness:

        “The crisis of the Western world exists to the degree in which
        it is indifferent to God. It exists to the degree in which the
        Western world actually shares Communism’s materialist vision, is
        so dazzled by the logic of the materialist interpretation of
        history, politics and economics, that it fails to grasp that,
        for it, the only possible answer to the Communist challenge:
        Faith in God or Faith in Man? is the challenge: Faith in God.”

What is it that people who believe in the rule of God, increasingly few
in numbers, increasingly sapped by incessant attacks and increasingly
disinclined to vote at all, are up against when they go to the voting
booths this coming Tuesday? Like Chambers, they are up against the
powerful forces of this country that are committed to a draconian and
relentless vision that includes belief in fundamentally transforming
this world according to the visions of progressivism, not matter what it
costs.

Has that much changed since Chambers wrote his gut-wrenching letter,