[Rushtalk] Cops To Collect Traffic Fines On the Spot Via Credit or Debit Card

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at verizon.net
Tue Dec 2 15:18:32 MST 2014

Of course it isn't fair.  If a cop is drunk, he/she needs to be punished as
well.  If he/she isn't, then that needs to be swiftly addressed and
corrected.  But it is neither excuse nor reason nor justification for
allowing someone else to do the same thing.

I am not sure what you mean by proving impairment.  If you man subjectively,
then of course not.  An objective means is the only practical way.  And it
needs to be enforced equally to all.  Some will sneak through.  That can't
be avoided.  But I believe that law enforcement must aggressively enforce
the legal limits in place.  DUI cannot be tolerated.