[Rushtalk] *WARNING*!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 4 10:23:22 MST 2014

Folks,

         Hate you begin the day with such a cryptic headline, but
here's the deal. There is a jerk in Pasco, Washington making calls
from telephone number 509-547-5896. When you answer, he'll say that
he's so-and-so from Microsoft. He'll then tell you that your computer
is malfunctioning. He's got a heavy middle eastern accent. I've
gotten several calls from this clown and so has my mother - she
doesn't even own a computer.

         The way the game is played, he's looking to steal your
banking information/passwords off your system. My wife and I have
both taken calls from this fool. I think I finally stopped him just
days ago by asking him, "if you're from Microsoft, who is my ISP?"

         Not understanding the question, he replied, "Microsoft."

         I replied, "no, who is my internet service provider?" Which
is a legitimate question, if he's able to determine that my system is
malfunctioning (which he cannot, in actuality). The above phone
number is listed to a business calling itself "Sow Washington State
of Natural Resources" and showing annual income of $1.5-million and a
"staff of one."

JAQ