[Rushtalk] INTERESTING ARTICLE - worth reading

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 11 00:12:56 MST 2014

A must read article by a well respected journalist

TRUST IS GONE, by Dennis Prager

  You're looking at the most political liar

  By Dennis Prager

I have been broadcasting for 31 years and writing
for longer than that. I do not recall ever saying
on radio or in print that a president is doing
lasting damage to our country.  I did not like
the presidencies of Jimmy Carter (the last
Democrat I voted for) or Bill Clinton. Nor did I
care for the “compassionate conservatism” of
George W. Bush. In modern political parlance
“compassionate” is a euphemism for
ever-expanding government. But I have never
written or broadcast that our country was being
seriously damaged by a president.

  So it is with great sadness that I write that
President Barack Obama has done and continues to
do major damage to America . The only question is
whether this can ever be undone.

This is equally true domestically and
internationally. Domestically, his policies have
had a grave impact on the American economy. He
has overseen the weakest recovery from a
recession in modern American history. He has
mired the country in unprecedented levels of
debt: about $6.5 trillion — that is 6,500 billion
— in five years rs (this after calling his
predecessor “unpatriotic” for adding nearly
$5 trillion in eight years). He has fashioned a
country in which more Americans now receive
government aid — means-tested, let alone
non-means-tested — than work full-time.

  He has no method of paying for this debt other
than printing more money — thereby
surreptitiously taxing everyone through
inflation, including the poor he claims to be
helping, and cheapening the dollar to the point
that some countries are talking about another
reserve currency — and saddling the next
generations with enormous debts. With his
2,500-page Affordable Care Act he has made it
impossible for hundreds of thousands, soon
millions, of Americans to keep their individual
or employer-sponsored group health insurance; he
has stymied American medical innovation with an
utterly destructive tax on medical devices; and
he has caused hundreds of thousands of workers to
lose full-time jobs because of the health-care
costs imposed by Obamacare on employers.

His Internal Revenue Service used its
unparalleled power to stymie political dissent.
No one has been held accountable. His ambassador
to Libya and three other Americans were murdered
by terrorists in Benghazi, Libya . No one has
been blamed. The only blame the Obama
administration has leveled was on a videomaker in
California who had nothing to do with the assault.

In this president’s White House the buck stops
nowhere. Among presidents in modern American
history, he has also been a uniquely divisive
force. It began with his forcing Obamacare
through Congress —the only major legislation in
American history to be passed with no votes from the opposition party.

Though he has had a unique opportunity to do so,
he has not only not helped heal racial tensions,
he has exacerbated them. His intrusions into the
Trayvon Martin affair (“If I had a son, he’d
look like Trayvon”) and into the confrontation
between a white police officer and a black
Harvard professor (the police “acted
stupidly”) were unwarranted, irresponsible,
demagogic, and, most of all, divisive.

He should have been reassuring black Americans
that America is in fact the least racist country
in the world — something he should know as well
as anybody, having been raised only by whites and
being the first black elected the leader of a
white-majority nation. Instead, he echoed the
inflammatory speech of professional race-baiters
such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. He has
also divided the country by economic class, using
classic Marxist language against “the rich” and “corporate profits.”

Regarding America in the world, he has been, if
possible, even more damaging. The United States
is at its weakest, has fewer allies, and has less
military and diplomatic influence than at any time since before World War II.

One wonders if there is a remaining ally nation
that trusts him. And worse, no American enemy
fears him. If you are a free movement (the
democratic Iranian and Syrian oppositions) or a
free country ( Israel ), you have little or no
reason to believe that you have a steadfast ally
in the United States. Even non-democratic allies
no longer trust America. Barack Obama has
alienated our most important and longest standing
Arab allies, Egypt and Saudi Arabia . Both the
anti–Muslim Brotherhood and the anti-Iran Arab
states have lost respect for him. And his
complete withdrawal of American troops from Iraq
has left that country with weekly bloodbaths.

Virtually nothing Barack Obama has done has left
America or the world better since he became
president. Nearly everything he has touched has
been made worse. He did, however, promise before
the 2008 election that “We are five days away
from fundamentally transforming the United States
of America .” That is the one promise he has kept.

What does it take for the American people to WAKE
UP? Send this to your friends - we are losing this country!

<file://C:\Users\John%20A.%20Quayle.AMDGamingSystem\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora\Embedded\Image.jpg>
[]
<file://C:\Users\John%20A.%20Quayle.AMDGamingSystem\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora\Embedded\Image.jpg>

Image.jpg