[Rushtalk] Cops To Collect Traffic Fines On the Spot Via Credit or Debit Card

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Fri Dec 12 13:32:49 MST 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 17:00 -0500, John A. Quayle wrote:

> At 04:52 PM 12/2/2014, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

> > I couldn’t possibly care less what the motivation is when it comes
> > to DUI’s. Get them off the road. I think DUI’s should be agonizingly
> > fined, lose driving privileges forever, and serve substantial jail
> > time.
>

>          I vehemently disagree and I lost a parent to a drunk driver
> in 1964 when the legal limit was .15 (now, there's a bill being
> introduced to make the limit .04). The pendulum has swung too far the
> other way. Cops are way too aggressive and they don't have to prove
> impairment. This is the easiest and most devastating way to ruin an
> innocent person's life. I personally know cops who have left a bar and
> driven themselves home without incident when they couldn't mumble a
> coherent sentence. That simply isn't fair!

Finally someone understands the freedom to go unmolested by government
for having harmed none but ones self.  Freedom means accepting
responsibility for ones actions and watching out for ones self within
perceptual limits.  We can have a nice safe prison / police state but
there will be no freedom therein.

CWSIV