[Rushtalk] Pinky Is Stinky........Reid Lies Through His Teeth!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 27 23:27:08 MST 2014

    *
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2014/02/27/even-left-hates-irss-new-proposed-rules-nets-won-t-report>
    []
       <http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2014/02/27/even-left-hates-irss-new-proposed-rules-nets-won-t-report>Even
the Left Hates the IRS's New Proposed Rules, But Nets Won't Report
    *
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2014/02/27/shocker-cbs-devotes-five-minutes-frantic-efforts-save-obamacare-deba>
    []
       <http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2014/02/27/shocker-cbs-devotes-five-minutes-frantic-efforts-save-obamacare-deba>Shocker:
CBS Devotes Five Minutes to the 'Frantic Efforts to Save' ObamaCare 'Debacle'
    *
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-yoder/2014/02/26/daily-beast-dreams-abortion-clinics-malls-high-schools>
    []
       <http://newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-yoder/2014/02/26/daily-beast-dreams-abortion-clinics-malls-high-schools>Daily
Beast Dreams of Abortion Clinics in Malls, High Schools
    *
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/02/25/usa-today-editor-compares-arizonas-gays-germanys-jews-making-conservativ>
    []
       <http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/02/25/usa-today-editor-compares-arizonas-gays-germanys-jews-making-conservativ>USA
Today Editor Compares Arizona's Gays to Germany's
Jews, Making Conservatives....Guess Who
    *
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/2014/02/26/chuck-todd-arizona-just-last-accept-social-change>
    []
       <http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/2014/02/26/chuck-todd-arizona-just-last-accept-social-change>Chuck
Todd: Arizona Is ‘Just The Last To Accept Social Change’
    *
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2014/02/26/obamacare-estimated-raise-premiums-11-million-networks-continue-blackout>
    []
       <http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2014/02/26/obamacare-estimated-raise-premiums-11-million-networks-continue-blackout>ObamaCare
Estimated to Raise Premiums for 11 Million; Networks Continue Blackout
    *
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-bozell/2014/02/25/bozell-statement-acus-invite-american-atheists-more-proof-cpac-destroy>
    []
       <http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-bozell/2014/02/25/bozell-statement-acus-invite-american-atheists-more-proof-cpac-destroy>Bozell
Statement: ACU's Invite to American Atheists Is
More Proof CPAC Is Destroying Conservative Movement

Harry Reid Insists ObamaCare Horror Stories Are ‘Lies’; Big Three Nets Ignore

By
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/paul-bremmer>Paul
Bremmer | February 27, 2014 | 14:27
A  A

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid insulted
victims of ObamaCare on Wednesday – and the three
major networks didn’t seem to care. [Video below.
MP3 audio
<http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/2013/2014-02-27-FNC-F%26F-Reid.mp3>here.]

Speaking on the Senate floor, the Nevada Democrat
lashed out at those whose lives have been hurt by the law, saying this:

There's plenty of horror stories being told. All
of them are untrue. But in those tales turned out
to be just that. Tales. Stories made up from
whole cloth. Lies distorted by Republicans to
grab headlines or make political advertisements.

A few hours later, Reid walked back his comments.
Well, kinda, sorta... not really. He said this, again on the Senate floor:

I can't say that every one of the Koch brothers’
ads are a lie, but I'll say this. Mr. President,
the vast, vast majority of them are. And it’s
time the American people spoke out against this
terrible dishonesty of these two brothers who are
about as un-American as anyone that I can imagine.

Those are some inflammatory remarks from Sen.
Reid. Yet ABC, NBC, and CBS yawned, failing to
mention them on either their Wednesday evening
news broadcasts or their Thursday morning shows.
[]

The fact is that many Americans have been hurt by
ObamaCare. Fox News’s Fox and Friends covered the
Reid controversy near the beginning of their
Thursday morning show, and they played clips of
some real people who have talked about their
struggles with ObamaCare on the network.

The senator needs to show more respect for all of
the hardworking people whose lives have been
negatively affected by President Obama’s massive
health care overhaul. And the major TV networks
ought to pay attention to such an outrageous
comment from a very prominent Democratic leader.

Below is a transcript of the Fox and Friends segment:

ELISABETH HASSELBECK: Well, certainly yesterday
an outrage sort of came after, both on Twitter
and on the Senate floor. Harry Reid under great
fire for his statements really against Obamacare
victims. We’ve been hearing from a lot of them here.

CLAYTON MORRIS: Yeah, this isn't the first time
that Harry Reid has been sort of the good cop/bad
cop playing bad cop for the Obama administration.
He did it for Mitt Romney on the taxes thing. He
would not let up on that. And it seems now
answering the clarion call about all of these
issues about these people who are popping up in
these ObamaCare ads, these anti-ObamaCare ads.
Are these real people out there? Are these real
people with real problems? Well, Senator Harry
Reid took to the floor yesterday and said these are all fake. Watch.

HARRY REID: There's plenty of horror stories
being told. All of them are untrue. But in those
tales turned out to be just that. Tales. Stories
made up from whole cloth. Lies distorted by
Republicans to grab headlines or make political advertisements.

BRIAN KILMEADE: So Clayton, what you just said,
when he came up and brought that thing up about
Mitt Romney – ‘oh, by the way, everybody knows
Mitt Romney doesn't pay taxes.’ He doesn't even
know Mitt Romney. How does – what does he even
weigh in on elections for? Unsubstantiated
claims. Again, unsubstantiated claims. All made up. Really? Listen.

SHANNON WENDT: When I called and found out ours
was being canceled, from there trying to kind of
work through that healthcare.gov and just running
into glitch after glitch, a dozen different
glitches just trying to fill out the application.

JOSIE GRACCHI: My doctors are no longer available
in my network. This is delaying all of my
treatment and surgery. Most people that get
breast cancer don't wait this long to have a surgery.

LAUREN ROBINSON: The premiums went through the
ceiling when the Affordable Care Act was instated January 1.

MATT ROBINSON: Coupled with not being able to
afford it, they were not going to cover his physical therapy, which he needs.

KILMEADE: By the way, what about the 6.2 million
people that lost their policies?  Is that made
up? Even the president walked back that.

HASSELBECK: And those brave Americans that are
actually bringing their stories, and those are
just a few that we've actually talked to here.

KILMEADE: They're not actors?

MORRIS: They’re not actors, no.

HASSELBECK: These are real people that actually
had the courage to stand up. That’s not an easy
thing to do. And Senate Minority Leader Mitch
McConnell yesterday on The Kelly File, this is what he said.

SEN. MITCH MCCONNELL: These people all across
America who are losing their policies, whose
premiums are going up, whose copayments and
deductibles are going up, whose jobs are being
lost are not making this up. And no amount of,
you know, Harry Reid calling everybody a liar
changes the facts. Why in the world would people
be calling us with these stories if they were not true?

MORRIS: Meanwhile, Harry Reid sort of walking it
back suddenly. He must have – I don't know if he
regretted what he was saying, but he suddenly
started to walk it back then, some of these
comments, and he started to put the blame on a
lot of the money that’s coming into these ads,
the Koch brothers and others and blaming
Republicans for that, calling them un-American. Take a listen.

REID: I can't say that every one of the Koch