[Rushtalk] Because It's *STILL* Relevant!

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at verizon.net
Fri Feb 28 22:21:20 MST 2014

Not exact - likely.  I'm not an expert.

However, I am not clear on your assignment of function to the digits.  Why
does it take three digits to identify one of fifty states?  And I am not
sure of the year either?  A friend and I were born in the same year, and got
numbers the same month.  His "year" digits are six away from mine.  The two
digits you assign to year reflect neither the year I was born nor the year
my number was issued.  In my number, my wife's number, my sons' numbers, my
daughter's number, and my grandkids numbers, I see no correlation whatsoever
between the digits you assign to year and the years they were born (and
received SSN numbers).  I also have three grandchildren born in Arizona, all
three have totally different first three digits, not even close.  Maybe
there's some secret code? Then assuming you are correct, 3 for state, 2 for
year, that leaves four for identification - only ten thousand possibilities.

And regardless, we run out of digits after a billion.  If your number
assignment is correct, we run out long before then.