[Rushtalk] What happens next affects you directly

Carl William Spitzer IV cwsiv at copper.net
Tue Jul 8 20:43:50 MDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-06-15 at 06:47 -0700, Tom Matiska wrote:
> Entertaining, but am I the only one who sees the irony in a 13+ minute
> video rant about bandwith robber barons?
>

> Simple sports news and weather with a heavy side of video popup adds
> is now so bandwidth intense I hit my 10g limit and get a speeding
> ticket long before the end of my billing cycle. He jokes about the FCC
> trying to fix something that isn't broke, but I'm reminded of the old
> saying that "junk expands to fill the size of the attic."   There
> ain't no fixing what is broke re> bandwidth.     Tom

Look for Hosts.txt its a file which can cause known popup add sites to
come up empty by referring them to 127.0.0.0 which is your own computer
therefore you will get messages that the add can not load.
for a time the list was not maintained but it is being kept alive again.

Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File

www.winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Detailed Instructions: - How do I use the Hosts File?

www.accs-net.com/hosts/how_to_use_hosts.html

 For the current version dated today 7-8-14  Also special instructions
for the latest Winblows downgrade aka Vista Winblows 7 and 8.
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

CWSIV