[Rushtalk] What happens next affects you directly

Tom Matiska tom.matiska at att.net
Thu Jul 10 10:54:58 MDT 2014

No Carl,   I was talking about the initial video rant, not attachments.   Anybody old enough to remember when it was necessary to write letters to the editor  knows that 130 words might make the cut, but 13 page letters wouldn't.  Condensing words to an editor's satisfaction is passe', but evil bandwidth robber barons giving unlimited free bandwidth to morons isn't about to happen.     Nor am I about to read or view such long rants..... it may cause me to get a month or two behind in my responses.   Tom

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:26 PM, Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv at copper.net> wrote:

On Sun, 2014-06-15 at 06:47 -0700, Tom Matiska wrote:
Entertaining, but am I the only one who sees the irony in a 13+ minute video rant about bandwith robber barons?

>Simple sports news and weather with a heavy side of video popup adds is now so bandwidth intense I hit my 10g limit and get a speeding ticket long before the end of my billing cycle. He jokes about the FCC trying to fix something that isn't broke, but I'm reminded of the old saying that "junk expands to fill the size of the attic."   There ain't no fixing what is broke re> bandwidth.     Tom

Look for Hosts.txt its a file which can cause known popup add sites to come up empty by referring them to 127.0.0.0 which is your own computer therefore you will get messages that the add can not load.
for a time the list was not maintained but it is being kept alive again.

Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File  www.winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Detailed Instructions: - How do I use the Hosts File?  www.accs-net.com/hosts/how_to_use_hosts.html

For the current version dated today 7-8-14  Also special instructions for the latest Winblows downgrade aka Vista Winblows 7 and 8.
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

CWSIV