[Rushtalk] Air Force in 'Stand Down' Position as 100 American Contractors Attacked by ISIS Jihadists

Carl William Spitzer IV cwsiv at copper.net
Thu Jul 10 17:56:10 MDT 2014



--
 Air Force in 'Stand Down' Position as 100 American Contractors Attacked
by ISIS Jihadists




Air Force in 'Stand Down' Position as 100 American Contractors Attacked
by ISIS Jihadists


                   Suzanne Hamner June 14, 2014


http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/06/air-force-stand-position-100-american-contractors-attacked-isis-jihadists/





As of yesterday, WND reported that 100 American contractors are awaiting
airlift from Balad Air Force Base in Iraq. According to one contractor,
who spoke with WND via Skype, as many as 300 contractors had already
been evacuated from Balad while another 100 were awaiting to be
airlifted out. It was reported that the Iraqi Air Force was attempting
to evacuate everyone out by midnight local time.

The information provided by returning contractors to WND reported that
those colleagues left behind were in essence "abandoned by the US
military and were fighting for their lives against an army of jihadists
surrounding the base who belong to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria,
or ISIS." American contractors were in Balad to help the Pentagon in the
delivery of F-16 aircraft promised to Iraq by the Obama administration
by preparing the facilities for acceptance of the fighter jets.
According to the contractors that had returned, Americans were under
attack by ISIS from small arms fire, AK47s and rocket propelled grenades
(RPG).

The sources reported to WND that American contractors were able to hold
the base so far, but many still there admit it is only a matter of time
before they are overrun by ISIS jihadi terrorists. Returning contractors
told WND that jihadis had closed all escaped routes, the US Air Force
was in a stand-down position (not even assisting with air cover for
private extradition) and that private exit flights had fallen through as
many private pilots quit prior to the scheduled flights.

According to WND in a reported filed June 13, 2014:


        The attacking ISIS forces approached the base in trucks
        Wednesday and called through loudspeakers for all private
        security forces and Iraqi special military to leave immediately
        or die.
        
        
        The U.S. private contractors in touch with WND reported that
        after hearing the broadcast, the private security forces and the
        Iraqi military defending the base dropped their weapons and ran.
        
        
        The American contractors collected the weapons left behind and
        were able to hold off further immediate advances.
        
        


WND indicated an update to the story would be coming in the future.

Balad is located approximately 50 miles north of the capitol of Iraq,
Baghdad.Business Insider reported that a US official stated that "a few
hundred" Americans were being relocated to Baghdad for security reasons.
The report filed on June 12, 2014, does not cite any reference to
Americans being left behind.

According to State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki, "We can confirm
that US citizens under contract to the government of Iraq in support of
the US Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program in Iraq are being
temporarily relocated by their companies due to security concerns in the
area."

Psaki did stress that the US embassy operating in Baghdad was still open
and "the status of staffing at the US embassy and consulates had not
changed."

One US official, who asked to remain anonymous, told Business Insider
that the Balad evacuation was being handled by the companies and "did
not involve the US government."

"It's their people. It's their planes," the unnamed defense official
reportedly remarked.

Knowing Obama and the people in his administration, this flippant
response by the unnamed defense official goes to show the total disdain
for the American people that runs rampant in our government. No, these
individuals were not on the government payroll, but were not the
companies participating in a US government sales program? So, according
to all the "officials" empty heads, the companies participating in this
"program" sanctioned by the US government are to go into potentially
hostile regions with their employees under contract with a foreign
government and basically "be on their own" should the proverbial stuff
hit the fan or be left at the mercy of a foreign government.

Yeah, that sounds like a job I would certainly run to take – NOT! How
many company heads are Ross Perot? As far as I know, there was only one
company head willing to risk it all to get his people out from a hostile
area when the government abandoned them; that was Ross Perot.

Obama, saying no to Iraq, basically said no to helping American citizens
under contract with a foreign government through our own government's
sales program. More importantly, Obama said, "yes" to the insurgency of
ISIS jihadi terrorist to take what they want. What can you expect from
the Muslim-in-Chief? Oh yes, that's right, Obama will negotiate to
release high-level terrorists, to the count of 5, for one American
soldier, who might be a deserter, traitor and Muslim convert, but will
not protect American contractors participating in a government run
program.

Reports have surfaced that indicate these ISIS terrorists have left the
countryside littered with the severed heads of the dead. Is this what
awaits Americans that are left behind if they cannot or will not be
extracted? One can almost guarantee it when it involves the supposed
"religion of peace."

As usual, nothing will be forthcoming about this in the mainstream media
as they are complicit in covering only the propaganda issued by this
lawless, corrupt, killing machine administration run by Obama and his
ilk. More blood will be on the hands of Congress, Obama and everyone
associated with the branches of the federal government should these
Americans fail to make it to safety.

I am not one who is in favor of military action for every problem in a
foreign country or interference in internal conflicts within foreign
countries. However, when the lives of Americans are at stake, whether on
the government payroll or not, the government should have some
responsibility in their safety even when under contract to a foreign
government. It is not acceptable to abandon Americans to terrorist
insurgents when they are participating in a government run program such
as Foreign Military Sales or expect a foreign government to guarantee
the safety of Americans. It is not acceptable either to expect a private
company to be responsible for an extraction in an area of combat, which
is what is happening in Balad. These individuals are not CIA nor Special
Ops, nor are they Blackwater that can be "plausibly denied" in the event
of problems or be determined "rogue." And, let's not forget all the
lives of American soldiers lost and those permanently injured, who
served in Iraq to make the headway that was made there. This is not an
internal conflict between sects wanting control of government. This is
an invasion of insurgents, terrorist, into a sovereign country for the
sake of unseating its government placing civilian Americans in harm's
way. Since that government's forces have failed to protect our American
citizens, should it not then fall to America to protect her own?

But, our own government will not protect America's own borders and
sovereignty from invasion from insurgents in the form of illegals. It
stands to reason they would leave civilian American contractors to being
over-run by foreign terrorist insurgents in a foreign country when that
country has failed to protect Americans. After all, who has funded these
terrorists by supplying arms and probably financing as well? It is no
secret that the Obama administration has been supplying arms to Syrian
rebels, who, in fact, are members of ISIS and al-Alqaeda. Obama himself
announced the end date of troops in the area making it easy pickings for
these armies of the devil.

Hopefully, these left behind American contractors will find their way
out and into safe harbor.

Should that not be the case, Obama will have to spin some sort of lie or
blame it on something; he will certainly not be at fault for any of
this. In this case, it can't be a video. It will probably be Bush,
Republicans or some official willing to be thrown under the bus as it
cannot be because of foreign policy of "no real foreign policy."


Let's face it America, we are looking at a total failure when it comes
to the actions of our current government. They deserve a rating of worse
than negligent – treason comes to mind. The question still remains,
"what are we going to do about it?"



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://kalos.csdco.com/pipermail/rushtalk/attachments/20140710/8e2a9f2a/attachment.html 


More information about the Rushtalk mailing list