[Rushtalk] Is Homosexuality an Addiction Like Alcoholism?

Steven Laib stevenlaib at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 14 15:16:34 MDT 2014

You all may recall when the theory was floated that it was genetic. Of course, that makes no sense in that it would have bred out of the population generations ago for failure to reproduce itself, or would be so rare as to be rarely seen.

I'm thinking that there is a likely psychological predisposition because of events of one's youth, bad role models, or such things.

Then, if one acts on the predisposition addiction may follow.

As a sidelight on this, my father was an alcoholic.  I drink alcohol on occasion, but always keep myself under control, and make sure that I never drink too much.  If homosexuality is an addiction, it may account for the promiscuity that pervades much of that population.

The dysfunctions that have become so common in today's population my be responsible for the higher number of people predisposed to this addiction.

SDL