[Rushtalk] Is Homosexuality an Addiction Like Alcoholism?

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at verizon.net
Tue Jul 15 17:24:34 MDT 2014

I’ve been using that term for so long, I can actually say it and spell it without stuttering.  Only took me 23 years.

Basically, we use voltage and/or pressure to force a very small amount of liquid through a very small tube.  The electric charge causes the compounds to separate and to “migrate” through the capillary (tube) at different speeds.  The time that any given compound comes out the other end is both predictable and reproducible.  A detector measures the amount of UV light that goes through the compound and gives us an idea of concentration/amount.  We can improve detection of various compounds by treating them with dyes.  When hit with very specific wavelengths of laser light, they fluoresce at different wavelengths (colors) which we can identify, thus also helping us detect both quantity and quality.  The dye technique is commonly used in the detection of different DNA traits.  Different dyes, which latch onto different compounds and DNA sections, fluoresce at different colors.