[Rushtalk] Is Homosexuality an Addiction Like Alcoholism?

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 17 20:26:06 MDT 2014

At 07:03 PM 7/17/2014, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>John, you’re off the edge. I have not posted a
>word about my thoughts on homosexuality. Not
>one. You have made all of this up in your head.

         Nolt at all.............

>I haven’t posted in favor of it, I haven’t posted against it.

         You don't need to......either you follow
the word of God, or you don't. PERIOD!

>I haven’t posted a word about God’s approval.
>Disapproval, anger, whatever. Not one word.
>Please cite different from this. You can’t. It’s
>not there. Never was, and likely never will
>be.  You are creating, starting, and then
>baiting an argument that simply doesn’t exist.
>And as a result of my disinterest in engaging
>you, you are claiming that I think and that I
>have posted things that I haven’t.  Again, you
>are making all of this up in your mind.
>
>Specific – where did I deny God is angry? Where
>did I question one word or passage of Holy Scripture regarding homosexuality?

         May I quote? "The causes/reasons for
homosexuality will likely never be fully
determined, and if they are, it won't matter. Politics will out over science."
You are implying that homosexuality is something
other than some form of mental incapacitation. It
was historically held as such by the AMA until
the very early 1970s, when a few aggressive
members of the homosexual community decided to
turn the topic into a political football, which
it remains today - all based on lies. You landed
on Steve Laib, questioning his assessment of
genetics and DNA. Steve wrote, "You all may
recall when the theory was floated that it was
genetic. Of course, that makes no sense in that
it would have bred out of the population
generations ago for failure to reproduce itself,
or would be so rare as to be rarely seen."

         Your answer was rather terse, "You may
know a lot about law, but obviously little or nothing about genetics."

         This tells me that you think that
Steve's conclusions are wholly erroneous and that
homosexuality is a naturally occurring condition.
There is no possible way that it can be. Only 2
or perhaps 3% of the population is gay and
therefore, it would've been bred of existence
eons ago, were this to be true. Secondly, there's
no possible way God would condemn something that
was truly naturally-occurring. Think about it.
That would be as ridiculous as God condemning
being blonde-haired or red-headed.

>Cite.  Now.

         You've changed the argument. Pretty good
trick for someone refusing to "take the bait."
Case and this argument are closed.