[Rushtalk] CLINTONS WORTH 50 MILLION, Bill still gets NEARLY A MILLION A YEAR FROM THE TAXPAYERS?

William White wbbanjo at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 13:58:37 MDT 2014

Dante's Inferno would agree.

Bill

On Sunday, July 20, 2014 8:24 PM, John A. Quayle <blueoval57 at verizon.net> wrote:

At 04:34 PM 7/20/2014, Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:

For all this the witch crys
poverty.
         Carl, think about
it........in her world, that IS poverty! There's a special place
in Hell for these kind of people............

CWSIV
>June 25, 2014
>

>SOURCE: MICHAEL SNYDER - OPED http://www.blacklistednews.com/If_The_Clintons_Are_Worth_50_Million%2C_Why_Do_They_Get_Nearly_A_Million_A_Year_From_The_Taxpayers%3F/36194/0/38/38/Y/M.html
>

>Since leaving the White House, the Clintons have earned at least 100
million dollars and currently have a net worth of up to 50 million
dollars.  So why in the world do the taxpayers need to give Bill
Clinton $944,000 to fund his extravagant lifestyle in 2014?  If ordinary
Americans truly understood how much money many former politicians are
being handed every year they would go bananas.  According to a
Congressional Research Service report that was published earlier this
year,the federal government has given a total
of nearly 16 million dollars to Bill Clinton since
2001.  Each one of those dollars is a dollar that some
U.S. taxpayer worked really hard for or that we had to borrow.  Yes,
we don't want our former presidents to go broke for a whole bunch of
reasons, but it is absolutely absurd that we are showering them with
millions upon millions of dollars. Yesterday, I wrote about the trouble
that Hillary has caused for herself by claiming that the Clintons were
"dead broke" when they left the White House.

>The way things have been set up, there is no way in the world that any
former president is going to be "dead broke" ever again unless
the law is changed.

>According to the Washington Post, Bill Clinton has been receiving about a million
dollars a year "for office space, staff, and a pension" since
he left office...

>According to an April report from the
Congressional Research Service, Bill Clinton has received nearly $16
million in pensions and benefits from the federal government since
leaving office. That includes $944,000 in fiscal year 2014 for office
space, staff, and a pension.

>That is insanely wasteful.
>
>But wait, there's more.
>
>George W. Bush is actually receiving more money from the taxpayers than Clinton is each year...
>

>Bush the younger is costing taxpayers $1.28
million this year, and averages 4 per cent more annual than
Clinton.

>The government's General Services Administration inexplicably
budgeted $102,000 for Bush's telephone expenses in 2014, and planned to
spend $135,000 more on furniture, computers, office supplies and other
miscellany.

>How in the world is George W. Bush racking up $102,000 in phone expenses
a year?

>Does he have the world's worst calling plan?
>
>And of course what we spend on our former presidents is peanuts compared
to what we spend on our current president.

>According to author
Robert Keith Gray, approximately 1.4 billion dollars is spent on the
Obamas every year.  Here are just a few nuggets from his book...

>-The Obamas have the
"biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever".

>-Obama has 469 senior staff working directly under
him, and 226 of them make more than $100,000 a year.

>-There is always at least one projectionist at the White House 24 hours a
day just in case there is someone that wants to watch a movie.

>-The "dog handler" for the family dog Bo reportedly makes $102,000 per year and sometimes he is even flown to where the family
is vacationing so that he can care for the dog.

>Yes, the White House needs a large staff.
>
>But at this point we spend more on our presidents than any nation on the
planet does on their entire royal families.

>Over the years, the political elite have tilted the rules of the game
dramatically in their favor.  Neither political party objects
because they both benefit from riding on the endless gravy
train.

>If you can believe it, there are close to 15,000 retired federal employees that are currently
collecting federal pensions for life worth at least $100,000
annually.  This list includes names such as Newt Gingrich, Bob Dole,
Trent Lott, Dick Gephardt and Dick Cheney.

>And most people are astounded to hear that more than 4 million dollars a year is spent on the
"personal" and "office" expenses of each U.S.
Senator.

>Not that they need the money.  As I wrote about recently, more than half of the members of Congress are millionaires
at this point, and nearly 200 of them are multimillionaires.

>Politics in America has become a game that is played by the elite for the
benefit of the elite.  If it seems like they are "out of
touch" with ordinary Americans that is because they are.

>Meanwhile, things just continue to get even tougher for the middle class.  Even though money is flowing
like wine in Washington D.C. for the moment, a brand new Gallup survey
discovered that 58 percent of Americans believe that the economy is getting
worse.

>It is shameful that our politicians are living like rock stars while tens
of millions of American families are suffering so deeply.  For
example, consider the case of Andrew and Kristen Cummins...

>Andrew and Kristen Cummins and their 8-year-old son Colton have been
in and out of homelessness for the past four years.

>It all started when Andrew moved to Indiana for a temporary warehouse
job that was supposed to turn into a full-time job. But instead he said
he was let go as soon as the company would have had to start providing
him with full-time benefits.

>Since then, he has worked at several other temporary jobs that
haven't turned into full-time work either.

>Kristen has been in the same position: She has also had temporary
jobs, but nothing has stuck.

>So for now, the three stay at a local homeless shelter called the
Haven House. Since women and men are required to sleep in separate areas,
Andrew doesn't get to see his wife or son after 9 p.m. each
night.

>There are millions of other families just like them that are scratching
and clawing their way through life the best that they can.

>Perhaps our politicians should actually do something to help them instead
of sitting back and living the high life at our expense.