[Rushtalk] let's Roll: Remember Mississippi!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 27 21:43:42 MDT 2014

         From <www.observer-reporter.com>:

Tea partiers are not extremists

Published Jul 22, 2014 at 9:12 pm (Updated Jul 22, 2014 at 9:12 pm)
<http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=300&pubid=ra-4e6f754d36e640a1>
Bookmark and Share

<http://www.observer-reporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140722/OPINION02/140729900&template=printarticle>
[]
  <http://www.observer-reporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art_tips?Site=OR&Date=20140722&Category=OPINION02&ArtNo=140729900&Ref=AR>
[]
 Make text smaller Make text larger

On June 12, the Observer-Reporter published an
editorial with the headline, “Cantor defeat bad
news for GOP.” Reading this collection of
absurdities caused me to laugh so hard that I
severely injured myself and my recovery was a
long and arduous process. Finally, I feel fit
enough to address some of the editorial’s moronic notions.

It said, “Sen. John McCain remarked that the
Republican Party will again lose the presidency,
no matter who they nominate in 2016, if they
block immigration reform. If McCain’s prediction
is correct, we can probably safely tune out the
chatter of the next two years and calmly await
the arrival of President Hillary Clinton.”

To show how wrong McCain is, on July 1, a throng
of protestors turned away three busloads of
illegal immigrants in the tiny town of Murrieta,
Calif., according to The Christian Science
Monitor. The anti-illegal immigration backlash
has become so strong along border towns in Texas,
California and Arizona that the border patrol is
now refusing to give details about the
whereabouts of the buses or future movements.

The editorial also said, “The voters in Tuesday’s
GOP primary in (Eric) Cantor’s Virginia district
moved quickly to extinguish this small glimmer of
compassion or balance. (David) Brat’s supporters,
and other tea party adherents, will brook no
accommodation. They want to deport 11 million
people, among other things, regardless of the
practicalities involved or the cost.”

Don’t kid yourselves. This notion isn’t limited
to the tea party. People all across the South are
seeing with their own eyes that amnesty doesn’t
work. They are angry that illegals break the law
to get into the country and are rewarded with
taxpayer-funded perks. Some of the most outspoken
critics are those whose families came here
legally. This issue has reached flashpoint
status. Voters are grossly fed up and only the
half-wits in Congress and the media refuse to see it for what it is.

In truth, the tea party is not a collection of
dimwitted rednecks or racists or extremists or
Satan or whatever lie it is that the left is
trying to get the public to swallow. The tea
party is simply a collection of libertarians who
are strict adherents to the Constitution, which
is a centrist document that is currently being
ignored by both major political parties. If
necessary, the tea party can become the political
version of the Marine Corps by holding political
feet to the fire. I invite all who are reading
this publication to attend a tea party rally or
monthly meeting, locally – yes, even the
editorial staff of the Observer-Reporter. You
will find conservative Democrats, Republicans,
independents, white, black, yellow, whatever.
You’ll also find, for the most part, a thoughtful
exchange among people who harbor a deep and abiding love of country.

John A. Quayle

North Franklin