[Rushtalk] Rancher's Supporters Told They 'Better Have Funeral Plans'

Carl William Spitzer IV cwsiv at copper.net
Sat May 10 11:07:06 MDT 2014

Way past time to replace a Clark County Commissioner.

Rancher's Supporters Told They 'Better Have Funeral Plans'

Posted 2 hours ago by Tad Cronn Filed under 1st Amendment, 2nd
Amendment, Constitution, Corruption, Crime, Email Featured, Environment,
Fifth Amendment, Law Enforcement,

Clark County Commissioner Tom Collins has said that supporters of
rancher Cliven Bundy, who right now is facing off with the Bureau of
Land Management over grazing rights, "better have funeral plans."

The comment made in a phone call was revealed by Darin Bushman, a Piute
County, Utah, commissioner after he spoke with Collins to discuss Utah
ranchers and his fellow county commissioners who were incensed over the
tactics used by the BLM in seizing Bundy’s cattle in southern Nevada.

On his Facebook page, Bushman wrote, "I was just told by commissioner
Collins of Clark County NV that all of us folks from Utah are a bunch of
'inbred bastards' and if we are coming to Clark County NV to support
Cliven Bundy we all 'better have funeral plans.' We should 'turn our
asses around and mind our own f-ing business.' Now there’s some classy
leadership for you."

Bushman also ripped the Clark County sheriff for being "too spineless to
exercise his jurisdiction" by arresting BLM agents for trespassing and
theft.

Once his comments became public, Collins said, "I’m trying to do
everything I can to discourage anybody who tells me they’re coming here
with loaded guns. I’m going to tell them not to come.”

Collins' comments aside, the situation at the Bundy ranch is beginning
to turn dangerous.

On Wednesday, a heated confrontation between Bundy family members and
armed BLM agents with a pack of attack dogs became briefly violent
before it was broken up. Federal agents say a dog was kicked and they
were pushed. Members of the Bundy family and a group of supporters say a
pregnant woman was attacked by a dog, they were jostled and knocked to
the ground, and Ammon Bundy, Cliven's son, was Tasered. Video of the
incident shows the strapping rancher pulling the Taser leads out and,
seemingly unaffected, continuing to argue with the feds, minutes after
which the BLM agents retreated in their white SUVs to the cheers of
protesters.

The BLM insists the protesters were blocking a BLM truck and threatening
the civilian driver. The Bundy family says the confrontation began when
a group of federal agents surrounded some people videotaping a BLM
helicopter running down baby cattle. Ammon Bundy has admitted that he
did climb on a BLM truck because he thought it might be carrying the
carcasses of cattle killed in the roundup.

The BLM has surrounded the ranch with more than 200 armed agents and is
calling in an unknown number of Rangers from out of state for
reinforcements. Meanwhile, armed militia members have arrived from out
of state to support the Bundys, and they say they are not afraid to
shoot if need be.

So far, an estimated 350 head of cattle have been removed from the
disputed land in the showdown that began with the federal government in
1993 declaring 600,000 acres that the Bundy family had ranched for a
century protected acreage because of the allegedly endangered desert
tortoise, a species that has notably survived in the area despite the
presence of cattle and ranching activities.

To many people who believe in individual rights and liberty, Cliven
Bundy has become a hero. To federal agents and the environmentalist
groups who instigated the whole situation by getting the desert tortoise
declared endangered and cutting off Bundy's century-old grazing rights,
Bundy is a criminal trespasser and thief who owes the government more
than a million dollars in grazing fees.

Bundy, it should be noted, is the last rancher in Clark County. There
used to be others, but they all sold their land or went out of business
because of BLM interference.

At least some of the Rangers present at the BLM standoff are ashamed of
what they're doing, according to Cliven's daughter, Stetsy Bundy Cox.
She told the Washington Free Beacon:

"I asked him, ‘What are you doing? Do you know what you’re doing? You’re
stealing an old man’s cattle, his livelihood. He’s a poor man that
doesn’t have anything,’” she said. “And I said, ‘You’re pushing baby
cows’—I watched a baby cow not want to move and a helicopter swoop down
and honk at him till he had to move.”

Cox said the Ranger said, “No, no, we don’t want that.”

“But I saw it,” she said.

“‘Well, well,’ and he goes, ‘I don’t even want to be here. Do you think
my grandfather’s proud of me? You think I like this? You think this is
fun for me?’”

“Then what are you doing here?” Cox asked him.

“He said, ‘It’s my job.’”

Arizona state Rep. Kelly Townsend, whom CBS identifies as "Tea Party
Republican," was appalled upon watching video of Wednesday's Tasing. "It
sounds dramatic," she told the Las Vegas Review-Journal, "but it
reminded me of Tiananmen Square. I don’t recognize my country at this
point."

Read more at
http://godfatherpolitics.com/15151/ranchers-supporters-told-better-funeral-plans/