[Rushtalk] No Can Do!

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Sat May 17 18:36:17 MDT 2014

At 01:41 PM 5/17/2014, Paf Dvorak wrote:
>I think what Americans don't 'get' is that this common core
>teaching/learning method isn't to be used to cypher EVERY math
>question one runs across, but rather attempts to teach the kids how
>to think...or another way to think.

         THINKING is verboten in this country anymore! Think for
yourself? Nah, that's not allowed! You might go to jail! Just look at
all of the hubub about expressing an opinion that is "not mainstream"
- like saying you're offended by the gay football player kissing his
boyfriend in front of a camera or the owner of the L.A. Clippers,
expressing his opinion in a PRIVATE phonecall from his OWN HOME! You
may not agree with the sentiments in either scenario (and you don't
have to), you shouldn't be ostracized for having something different
from the societal dictates.