[Rushtalk] Call them what they are Illegal immigrants

Carl William Spitzer IV cwsiv at copper.net
Sat May 17 11:15:22 MDT 2014

altimoresun.com

Call them what they are: Illegal immigrants [Letter]

12:00 PM EDT, April 21, 2014

According to the U.S. government, there are no such people as
"undocumented immigrants" ("Patching a broken immigration system," April
17).

If you replace the term "undocumented immigrants" with the correct term
— either "illegal immigrants" or "undocumented aliens" — it's clear that
the rights of such people disappear.

They broke our laws when they entered the country illegally.
Consequently they have none of the rights guaranteed to citizens or to
lawful residents.

The reason Maryland has such an "out of line number" of deportations is
directly related to its status as a sanctuary state and our governor's
use of the term "new Americans."

Peg McCarthy, Cockeysville

-
To respond to this letter, send an email to talkback at baltimoresun.com.
Please include your name and contact information.

Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun

www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-immigration-20140421,0,6127220.story