[Rushtalk] No Can Do!

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at verizon.net
Sun May 18 13:01:04 MDT 2014

Interesting about the history requirements.  So far, to date, Common Core is
math and language.  I was addressing math, and only math.  You can lump it
all together, and no one will get anywhere, and our kids will continue to be
scientifically inferior.

You're a tutor, great.  I'm a double major: math and CS.  BFD.  All of those
rolled together and $8.00 will buy a cup of coffee.

I think the European approach to math and science is far superior to ours.
You can argue Federal intrusion, and I tend to agree.  But whether it's the
states or the feds, our math instruction, today, in intermediate and high
school is simply unsatisfactory, and our kids are worse than ill prepared
for advanced scientific work.

Let's stop making every damned thing political and start addressing issues.