[Rushtalk] No Can Do!

Dennis Putnam dap1 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 19 09:17:02 MDT 2014

OK, so you are saying GA DoE is lying about the contents. If that is the
case then I guess we are in bigger trouble than we thought.

Here's another absurd example that the DoE is lying about:

The student is shown a picture of 4 containers filled with various
levels of liquid. The containers are graduated up to 6L.

Traditional and Common Core solution to part one is the same, label the
volume of each container:

1: 5L
2: 3L
3: 6L
4: 1L

Part 2 asks, if container 1 is poured into container 3, what is the
volume in container 3 after the pour?

Traditional math solution:

It can't be done
or
6L plus 5L on the floor

Common Core solution:

11L

Again you complain about pissing and moaning but have not explained your
plan on how to improve a political driven education system without politics.

So your philosophy is to try something, even if it is wrong? We know
what works from the results of the 50's and 60's. Why the strong
resistance to returning to what we know worked? Answer: because politics
has infested the education system to the point where the objective is
not education.