[Rushtalk] No Can Do!

Carl William Spitzer IV cwsiv at copper.net
Sat May 24 11:42:56 MDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-05-19 at 13:43 -0400, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> "We" are not rejecting anything out of hand. I am rejecting something
> resulting from preliminary data and analysis. Could my mind be
> changed? Possibly if what I've seen are errors rather than actual
> attempts to "educate." You seem to like to jump to conclusions and
> assume anything new is rejected simply because it is new and comes
> from the left (although the latter is certainly enough to make one
> suspicious based on history not histrionics). Some of us actually
> reject things because they are just plain wrong, new, old or
> indifferent.
>
> You have told us what not to do but you still avoid offering a
> solution. So how does not complaining solve the problem? In my
> experience the more we complain, especially to those elected, the more
> likely it is to make progress. You seem to be leaning toward Carl's
> "do not vote" to make things better theory.

Voting for people of principle is still voting.  Voting for liberals of
either party is a truly wasted vote.

You are however right to reject most things of the left on principle
until they prove themselves which is why these federal solutions should
all be pilot tested not just forced upon everyone.  Remember forced
busing??

CWSIV