[Rushtalk] UK discussing "knife control"

Dennis Putnam dap1 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 26 14:54:39 MDT 2014

You are way behind the times. In the UK you have to have a permit to buy
or own an knife with a point. Common knives for home use must have blunt
tips. Even with a permit, it is illegal for an individual to transport
such a knife. Butchers and chefs are not allowed to carry the tools of
their trade between home and work and there are numerous cases of this
that have been  prosecuted.