[Rushtalk] Dr. Carsen Wows Them On "The View"....

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Mon May 26 22:31:49 MDT 2014

Ben Carson’s Conservative Views Earn Applause on Liberal Show!

By <http://eaglerising.com/author/onancoca/>Onan
Coca / 22 May 2014 /
<http://eaglerising.com/6327/ben-carsons-conservative-views-earn-applause-liberal-show/#disqus_thread>0
comments
Share3.2K Tweet96 18 Reddit15 9
<http://www.printfriendly.com>
Print Friendly and PDF

Dr. Ben Carson was a guest on
<http://blog.heritage.org/2014/05/21/ben-carsons-conservative-message-hit-view/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social>the
liberal gabfest known as the View where he
fielded some tough questions from the liberal
hosts. (Sidenote: Isn’t it interesting how
conservatives always seem to get the tough,
pointed questions on these shows – while liberals
get softballs about their pets and such?)

Dr. Carson was up for the fight, though, and he
may have even won some converts with his remarks. Watch it here.

Guest host (and male) Terry Crews asked:  "Do you
think the welfare system is racist?"

To which Dr. Carson replied: "Let me put it this
way: when you rob someone of their incentive to
go out there and improve themselves, you are not
doing them any favors. When you take someone and
pat them on the head and say, 'There there you
poor little thing,' I'm gonna give you food
stamps, I'm gonna give you housing subsidies, I'm
gonna give you free health care. What would be
much more empowering, is to use our intellect and
our resources to give those people a way up and out."

Dr. Carson’s uber-conservative answer led the
crowd to cheer and applaud. Not generally a
response conservatives get on the set of The View.

Dr. Carson also took the time to tear apart
Obamacare and offer up better healthcare
alternatives that Democrats keep glossing over.
All in all, it was a successful media event for
Dr. Carson as he continues to consider a run for the White House in 2016.

Read more at
<http://eaglerising.com/6327/ben-carsons-conservative-views-earn-applause-liberal-show/#B1zBvrmisgfQxDgv.99>http://eaglerising.com/6327/ben-carsons-conservative-views-earn-applause-liberal-show/#B1zBvrmisgfQxDgv.99