[Rushtalk] UK discussing "knife control"

Bernard L Willis f16rsdad at juno.com
Mon May 26 22:32:56 MDT 2014

They need to do the same thing with Cricket sticks, and Golf clubs.

BW

On Mon, 26 May 2014 16:54:39 -0400 Dennis Putnam <dap1 at bellsouth.net>
writes:
You are way behind the times. In the UK you have to have a permit to buy
or own an knife with a point. Common knives for home use must have blunt
tips. Even with a permit, it is illegal for an individual to transport
such a knife. Butchers and chefs are not allowed to carry the tools of
their trade between home and work and there are numerous cases of this
that have been  prosecuted.