[Rushtalk] 25 Great Truths
John A. Quayle
blueoval57 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 16 21:52:46 MDT 2014
Subject: Fwd: 25 Great Truths
1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man
is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams
2. If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read
the newspaper you are misinformed. -- Mark Twain
3. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of
Congress. But then I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain
4. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity
is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by
the handle. --Winston Churchill
5. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw
6. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man,
which debt he proposes to pay off with your money. -- G. Gordon Liddy
7. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep
voting on what to have for dinner.
--James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)
8. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor
people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.
-- Douglas Case, Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University .
9. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and
car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
10. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody
endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. -- Frederic
Bastiat, French economist(1801-1850)
11. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few
short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it.
And if it stops moving, subsidize it. --Ronald Reagan (1986)
12. I don't make jokes.I just watch the government and report the
facts. -- Will Rogers
13. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see
what it costs when it's free! -- P. J. O'Rourke
14. In general, the art of government consists of taking as much
money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the
other. --Voltaire (1764)
15. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean
politics won't take an interest in you! -- Pericles (430 B.C.)
16. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature
is in session. -- Mark Twain (1866)
17. Talk is cheap, except when Congress does it. -- Anonymous
18. The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy
appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. -- Ronald Reagan
19. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the
blessings.The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of
misery. --Winston Churchill
20. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that
the taxidermist leaves the skin. --Mark Twain
21. The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher
22. There is no distinctly Native American criminal class, save
Congress. -- Mark Twain
23. What this country needs are more unemployed politicians --Edward
Langley, Artist (1928-1995)
24. A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
25. We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
office. -- Aesop
FIVE BEST SENTENCES
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the
wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must
work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government
does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to
work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when
the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because
somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the
beginning of the end of any nation!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Rushtalk