[Rushtalk] The failure that is "pragmatism"

Carl William Spitzer IV cwsiv at copper.net
Sat Sep 20 22:18:17 MDT 2014

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Kent McManigal <dullhawk at hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 09:34:17 -0500

The failure that is "pragmatism"

How many times have you been scolded and told to be "pragmatic"?

If you advocate for liberty and gun rights, I'll bet you've heard that a
lot. After all, you can't expect "them" to actually respect your rights.
"The perfect is the enemy of the good." And, you shouldn't be so
stubborn and inflexible.

Well...

There is a time and place for pragmatism. Choosing to initiate force or
theft- or excusing those who do- because you can't get the bad guys to
admit they are evil isn't it.

Don't tell me to offer up one of my kids "pragmatically" as a human
sacrifice so the others may have a better chance to live.Wrong is wrong.
I may never live in a perfect world- in fact I'm quite certain I won't-
but you don't hit the target by refusing to pick up your weapon for fear
of hurting someone's feelings or spooking the herd. Aim small; miss
small. I know what I want.

Yes, your compromise with evil may be better than "what is", and I won't
stop you from advocating for it. I'll even enjoy any fruits of liberty
you manage to bring to harvest. But I'll never be distracted from the
prize. I also hope once you get "enough liberty" you'll decide to join
my drive for the rest of the pie.

For all those who reject Ron Paul and peaceful political reform by compromising with liberals within the GOP.
CWSIV