[Rushtalk] The Buffet Rule

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 23 20:49:49 MDT 2014

-----Original Message-----

Subject: FW: The Buffet Rule

Not sure if Buffett really came up with this idea, but it works for me.

I REPORT, YOU DECIDE.
The Buffet Rule
We must support this...pass it on and let's see if these idiots
understand what people pressure is all about.
Salary of retired US Presidents . . . . . . . . . .. . $180,000 FOR
LIFE

Salary of House/Senate members . . . . . . . . $174,000 FOR LIFE This
is stupid

Salary of Speaker of the House . . . . . . . . . . $223,500 FOR LIFE
This is really stupid

Salary of Majority/Minority Leaders . . . . . . . . $193,400 FOR LIFE
Ditto last line

Average Salary of a teacher . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. $40,065

Average Salary of a deployed Soldier . . . . . .. . $38,000

I think we found where the cuts should be made! If you agree pass it
on, I just did.

Warren Buffet, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best
quotes about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just pass a
law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP,
all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took
only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded
it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year
or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.

Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a
minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of
those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will have
the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2014

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no
pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social
Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social
Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It
may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional
pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in
the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American
people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void
effective 12/1/14. The American people did not make this contract with
Congressmen/women.

Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress
is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen
legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back
to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only
take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message.
Don't you think it's time?

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!

If you agree, pass it on. If not, delete.

You are one of my 20

- Please keep it going, and thanks