[Rushtalk] The Buffet Rule

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Thu Sep 25 21:48:26 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-09-24 at 22:02 -0400, John A. Quayle wrote:

> > On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:50 AM, Steven Laib
> > <stevenlaib at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >

> > We are paying these problem children a huge amount and look what we
> > get. Unlike the bar staff they take care of themselves no matter
> > what. Public office was not supposed to be a career.
>

>          Precisely!!

As I remember Jefferson warned anyone against being ten years a
preacher, publican or inn keeper because they would not be fit for
honest labor after that.

> >  Pensions should be superfluous because the people involved were
> > taking time off from regular jobs to serve. WDC should not be a
> > gravy train for useless people who a nothing but glib talkers.
>

>          Right-on-the-money, Sonny!

If you end welfare the donkeys will not be able to be reelected and the
indolent will have to become honest people or die.  Not sure I care
which as long as the present system ends.

> >  BTW, I am also in favor of limiting government employment to,
> > perhaps a maximum of 5 years.
>

>          Good call, Steve! Laib for the WH in 2016!!!

Well everything outside the military should be limited to five years.
Bureaucrats, IRS etc.  The military is at least honest work something
congress shirks as much as possible.

CWSIV