[Rushtalk] No Extra Speaking For Michelle :-)?

Richard Whitenight rwhitenight2004 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:33:12 MDT 2014

Meg Kissinger is a seasoned reporter at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel,
Wisconsin’s well-known newspaper. She’s seen a lot in her days. But what
she said happened at a speech by Michelle Obama in the state on Monday left
her utterly “creeped out.”

Kissinger took to her Facebook and Twitter page to describe what happened.
In short, she said, aides for both the first lady and Wisconsin Democratic
candidate for governor, Mary Burke, told her she was banned from talking to
members of the crowd.

Kissinger was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, covering the first lady’s speech in
which she was stumping for Burke.

“[A]ssigned to cover Michelle Obama’s speech today and was told by a Mary
Burke aide and one for the White House that I could not speak to the people
in the crowd,” she said on her Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/meg.kissinger?fref=ufi>. “To say that I was
creeped out is an understatement. This is what reporters do in America: we
speak to people. At least that’s how I’ve been doing things — at all kinds
of political events — since 1979.”

--
Regards,
Richard Whitenight

Twitter:  @rwhitenight0648

My e-mail is being maintained by the NSA, CIA, FBI, and the Department of
Homeland Security.  You can't get better secure e-mail than that.