[Rushtalk] Walmart hired Lockheed Martin to keep tabs on employees

Tom Matiska tom.matiska at att.net
Mon Dec 14 09:55:39 MST 2015

John, the truth is more interesting than you think.   Some of the sofware that reads the mail in your mailbox is a LM product.  When the Postal system was looking to automate the reading of mail in the 80's who better to contract with than folks who had been reading license plates from 50+ miles away with cameras in U2s and SR71s for over 20 years??.    Our FSM 100 (magazine sorter) was built by a division of Northrup Grumman and the software that lifts the image, finds the address block, separates your address from the return address, and checks change of address data base is a product of LM's IT division.  They literally have Phd's in how to scan and filter data.    Tom