[Rushtalk] Karl Malone, Everybody..........

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 22:29:38 MST 2015

NBA Legend says Black People Need to "Stop Looking for a Handout"

By <http://eaglerising.com/author/onancoca/>Onan Coca / 16 February
2015 /
<http://eaglerising.com/15138/nba-legend-says-black-people-need-stop-looking-handout/#disqus_thread>0
comments
Share140 Tweet58 29 Reddit1 5

image: http://cdn.printfriendly.com/button-print-blu20.png
Print Friendly and PDF

Oh. My. Goodness.

This is not something that can ever come out of the mouth of a white
person or probably even out of the mouth of a conservative black
politician.
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/11/karl-malone-charles-barkley-black-lives-matter_n_6662246.html?utm_hp_ref=black-voices>Karl
Malone was recently a guest on HuffPost Live with Marc Lamont Hill
when the conversation turned to the comments made by fellow NBA Hall
of Famer Charles Barkley a few months ago, in the middle of the
Michael Brown saga.

Hill asked the former Utah Jazz star what he thought about the things
that Barkley said (which happened to get Sir Charles in a lot of hot
water with the black community), and Malone did not disappoint.

"I echo his sentiments exactly. We need to look in the mirror
ourselves and stop waiting on someone to come march on our behalf.
Take ownership ourself, make our community better and stop looking
for a handout. Do something about it yourself that you can control.

Stop using the excuse about race. I am sick and tired that every time
you turn around, that's what we dangle ... Our problem now is we do
so much talking and beating things to death. Let's take ownership in
ourselves ... stop waiting for someone to come in and march for us."

Wow. Watch Malone shock the world (and Marco Lamont Hill) with his opinion.

Share140 Tweet58 29 Reddit1 5

image: http://cdn.printfriendly.com/button-print-blu20.png
Print Friendly and PDF

Tags: <http://eaglerising.com/tag/charles-barkley/>Charles Barkley,
<http://eaglerising.com/tag/karl-malone/>Karl Malone,
<http://eaglerising.com/tag/marc-lamont-hill/>Marc Lamont Hill

About the author: Onan Coca

image:
http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/067e140671164d7ce10eea5e42f2e3b6?s=80&d=http%3A%2F%2F0.gravatar.com%2Favatar%2Fad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536%3Fs%3D80&r=G
[]

Onan is a graduate of Liberty University (2003) and earned his M.Ed.
at Western Governors University in 2012. Onan lives in Atlanta with
his wife and their three wonderful children.

Website: <http://www.eaglerising.com>http://www.eaglerising.com

Be an Eagle Rising insider

Don't miss out. Send us your email address, and we'll make sure to
keep you in the loop.
Email

Read more at
http://eaglerising.com/15138/nba-legend-says-black-people-need-stop-looking-handout/#eQ0y6RvM2CWw2Ftq.99