[Rushtalk] A Texans solution to liberalism

John A. Quayle blueoval57 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 22 14:17:05 MDT 2015

At 10:08 AM 6/22/2015, Carl Spitzer wrote:
> [...]

         True..........

>2. Turn your cap right, your head ain't crooked.
>
>3. Let's get this straight: it's called a 'gravel road.' I drive a
>pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're
>gonna get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

         Absolutely. I've driven pickups since 1992 and I live in
Penn's Woods...........

>4. They are cattle. That's why they smell like cattle. They smell
>like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-10 & I-40 go east
>and west, I-17 & I-15 goes north and south. Pick one and go.

         Smells like a barbecue to me.........I like to eat as high
up the food chain as possible. Slow-moving libs, you'd better watch out!

>5. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000
>Combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

         $60k for a car is "budget." Conservative Pittsburgh radio
talkshow host, Jim Quinn drives an $89k Corvette and he'll blow the
doors off any Lexus.........

>6. Every person in the Wild West waves. It's called being friendly.
>Try to understand the concept.

         We do that here, too, adding "hah yinz doon 'n' at?" John
DeVoe - am I right or what?

>7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of
>geese/pheasants/ducks/doves are coming in during a hunt, we WILL
>shoot it out of your hand.  You better hope you don't have it up to
>your ear at the time.

         REAL hunters have it on vibrate...........

>8. Yeah. We eat trout, salmon, deer and elk.  You really want sushi
>and caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.
>
>9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season.  It's a
>religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.
>
>10.. We open doors for women. That's applied to all women,
>regardless of age..

         REAL men everywhere still do this..............

>11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak, or
>you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham and turkey.
>
>12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats,
>vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and
>ketchup!  Oh, yeah ... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati
>call that stuff you eat... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!!

         You forgot that REAL Texans also use Paprika, Ghost chili
peppers and jalepenoes. REAL Texas chili is hot enough to make your
dead grandmother gasp.

>13. You bring 'Coke' into my house, it better be brown, wet and
>served over ice.  You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be
>cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

         Word..............

>14. College and High School Football is as important here as the
>Giants, the Yankees, the Mets, the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang
>site more fun to watch.

         Same here in Penn's Woods, home of Joe Montana and Joe
Namath. But, it's also the birthplace of Ken Griffey (both father and
son),
<http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=klinero01>Ronnie<http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=klinero01>
Kline,
<http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=robinbi02>Bill
<http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=robinbi02>Robinson,
<http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=parrila02>Lance
Parrish,
<http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=moosebo01>Bob
Moose, Stan Musial and a host of other professional baseball players.
Even my hometown of Washington (PA) can claim
<http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=verbajo01>Joe
<http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=verbajo01>Verbanic
as a native son. IMHO, baseball is the greatest game God ever
invented and you can quote me on that!

JAQ