[Rushtalk] Dumb Terroust of the Week

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Tue Jun 23 21:15:54 MDT 2015

‘Moron’ terrorist takes a selfie in front of ISIS headquarters, Air
Force bombs it 22 hours later

BGR News
Yoni HeislerJune 5, 2015
‘Moron’ terrorist takes a selfie in front of ISIS headquarters, Air
Force bombs it 22 hours later

Apparently, looks can kill. In a very real story that we assure you did
not originate from The Onion, a terrorist from ISIS recently took a
selfie of himself and posted it online.

Shortly thereafter, U.S. Intelligence, which heavily monitors social
media accounts from ISIS members and supporters, managed to pinpoint an
ISIS headquarters building in Syria by using the selfie photo as a
reference point.

According to Air Force General Hawk Carlisle, airmen from Hurlburt
Field, Florida in the 361st Intelligence, Surveillance and
Reconnaissance Group were the first to pick up on the photo.

“The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they’re combing
through social media and they see some moron standing at this
command,”Carlisle said in an interview with Defense Tech. “And in some
social media, open forum, bragging about the command and control
capabilities for Daesh, ISIL. And these guys go: ‘We got an in.’ So they
do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later that very building,
using three [Joint Direct Attack Munitions] take that entire building
out.”