[Rushtalk] Texas Town Experiences 61% Drop in Crime After Firing Their Police Department

Steven Laib stevenlaib at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 3 10:10:09 MST 2015

Interesting Analysis Tom.
While I live in the Houston area, I'm not as aware of the data as you are and do not have the time to look into it at work.

One thing stands out in my mind.  I did believe that Sharpstown was officially part of Houston, as opposed to, for example, Bunker Hill Village.  The I-10 villages have a consolidated police dept. that is separate from Houston's.  Also Jersey Village on the Northwest side.

Your information makes the situation appear more sensible.

Thanks,

SDL