[Rushtalk] NAFTA Is A Horrible *LIE*!

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Wed Mar 4 20:20:53 MST 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 22:36 -0500, John A. Quayle wrote:

> At 09:09 PM 2/11/2015, Steven Laib wrote:
>
> > The issue is total cost differential.  If we can use machines that
> > are cheaper to use than foreign labor we can win this one.
>

>          Well, it seems apparent that Americans are undercutting
> foreign labor already. Just have to be wise and some SERIOUSLY
> competitive shopping practices........

The same is true in software.  Linux is made all over the world by
interested nerds but Microsoft is made in America by H1B scabs from
India and it is schlock running every virus worm and trojan ever written
until a third party supplies the fix.  So its not even the nation its
the people doing the work.  As I remember there are more Americans
working in domestic Toyota plants then in so called American car makers
plants when half the work is done offshore.  Its also done cheaper at
Toyota due to being in right to work states.

CWSIV