[Rushtalk] RINO Marco Rubio: Being Gay Is Not A Choice

Carl Spitzer lynux at keepandbeararms.com
Sat May 9 16:56:49 MDT 2015

Marco Rubio:

Being Gay Is Not A Choice

TheHuffingtonPost
                 By Sam Levine

MARCO RUBIO
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said he doesn’t believe sexual preference is a
choice for most people. | Joe Raedle via Getty Images

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said on Sunday that he didn't think being gay
was a choice but rather the way some people were born.

During an appearance on CBS' "Face The Nation," Rubio, who launched his
2016 presidential campaign last week, said that he believes the
definition of marriage is a union between a man and a woman. The Florida
senator also added said that same-sex marriage was not a constitutional
right and should be decided by state legislatures, not the courts.

Despite his position, Rubio added that he didn't think being gay was a
choice.

"I also don't believe that your sexual preferences are a choice for the
vast and enormous majority of people," he said. "In fact, the bottom
line is I believe sexual preference is something that people are born
with."

Last week, Rubio also said that he would attend a gay wedding of a loved
one, even if he disagreed with the "choice" that loved one had made.

“I’m not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice
they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made, or
whatever it may be,” Rubio said. “Ultimately, if someone that you care
for and is part of your family has decided to move in one direction or
another or feels that way because of who they love, you respect that
because you love them.”

In the past, Rubio has distinguished between opposing same-sex marriage
and being anti-gay.

"Supporting the definition of marriage as one man and one woman is not
anti-gay. It is pro-traditional marriage," Rubiosaid